stupid people everywhere...

take DSLR photo not allowed on MRT
take mobile phone cam-w**re photos allowed :D ??

hehe its hard to spot anone taking mobile photos thats why even until now we still have some pervs using a phone to take some photos :) dslr or camera even PNS is easy to spot :)

Anyways like in the army everything can as long you dont get caugth hopefully this is simple enough for us to understand there are law or rules in place no one can stop you if you want to break it as long you dont get caught :)

Using compact also allowed....
In the case I witnessed, using dslr, but wear hawaiian colourful shirt, bermuda, and speak foreign language. Sure allowed one.

I have no problem in following rules, but it will hit my nerves when authority apply double standard such as these.

Best statement by Jap police in Yokosuka when I shot US naval base goes somsthing like this:
"You can take photo. Because you cannot even see those you are not allowed to take photos."

Using compact also allowed....
In the case I witnessed, using dslr, but wear hawaiian colourful shirt, bermuda, and speak foreign language. Sure allowed one.

I have no problem in following rules, but it will hit my nerves when authority apply double standard such as these.

Best statement by Jap police in Yokosuka when I shot US naval base goes somsthing like this:
"You can take photo. Because you cannot even see those you are not allowed to take photos."

Actually that statement is correct lolz everyone knew the location of the base its a given fact and I bet you will not be allowed to enter those restricted area even if you can access those area they will not allow you to take picture,
so from your point of view even if you take pictures you cant capture or see those restricted areas so by right you can take picture. lolz.

Same goes in Army Camp :) but I heard now I think they do allow mobile phone with camera in some areas...

Try this one day dress us like a tourist and act like a tourist and try taking picture inside MRT then see how :) I even see one time a tourist was stop by MRT security even he was an ang moh :) coz he was shooting like crazy shoot here shoot there lolz.

Anyways let's not go deep into these things. Let just follow the simple rule everything can as long no one stop you or caugth you :)

Try this one day dress us like a tourist and act like a tourist and try taking picture inside MRT then see how :) I even see one time a tourist was stop by MRT security even he was an ang moh :) coz he was shooting like crazy shoot here shoot there lolz.

My long leave is coming, I'll take you on this one, and post the result. =)

Not allowing photography within private properties and inside public places for security reasons are both valid and we should respect them. The security officers are trying very hard to interpret instructions given to them. In many situations, there will always be a grey area and they are always put in a very difficult position. You will notice most times, nobody from their management will be willing to come forward to assist simply because they also dont know.

So lets not give them more trouble. I was once outside the ticketing booth of Raffles MRT testing a lens. The security officer stopped me after I have taken 2 shots. I deleted the photos and move on even he didn't ask. In the eyes of his superior, he has done his job. For me, I loose nothing.

Recently I went to tai seng station. My friend went to toilet n I spotted the escalator looks nice from where I stand. So, took out my S3 n snap 2 in total. From far, looks like I am sms but IF I use my rx100 or dslr, sure tio stop at the other end. Still, I don't understand why pns n dslr r not allow while camera phone can? :think:

This is why... people are still stuck in the mindset of the bigger means the better. (True to some extend only).
You dont have to be pro but if u look pro...at least half of the community will believe u are pro. :bsmilie: what to do.... society we lives in.

Can be done. Rip out the film and expose to light. The SGs may not have the right to do that.

kidding.jpg

[source: here] i will never again grumble how dumb our local security guards are whenever i decided to take a pic in a shopping centre...

While certainly laughable, it would not be easy to come up with simple easy to remember guideline for potential non-camera-savy staffs to demarcate one group over the other.. An iphone user with a motorised gigapan setup - Serious or not serious ?