Street Candid Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job.

I love taking these kinds of piccies too and you have inspired me to get out there and try again.

excellent series!

Thanks.

Do you ask them to pose for you? Or do you just point the camera and they smile for you?

Do you ever get unfriendly "buzz off" looks?

I did as for permission most time (otherwise they wouldn't look straight at the cam). The Filipinos are the most friendly people I've ever photoed, and I never got an unfriendly 'buzz off' look during the whole trip. But some did reject my offer politely ...

Oh, and a really great series! The lines on the faces of the older individuals telling stories of good times as well hardships.. contrasting with the freshness on the faces of the young ones who've their lives ahead of them, still unmarked by time.. I think that's what makes portraits so great!

Thanks for your kinda comments. Glad you like them :)

Great job.

I love taking these kinds of piccies too and you have inspired me to get out there and try again.

Thanks. I love taking kids photos too, and I've got two of my own to shoot at everyday :D

Cheers!

Whoa!!! Nice series.... You manage to get pictures of Ifugaos, ethic people in Cordillera province. Did you manage to take a picture of the Banaue rice terrace?

Whoa!!! Nice series.... You manage to get pictures of Ifugaos, ethic people in Cordillera province. Did you manage to take a picture of the Banaue rice terrace?

Thanks :) Of course I took some rice terrace, actually alot rice terrace photos. I've post some at the Pentax forum here:

Philippines Trip 2007

Cheers!

Hi,

Great Photos.

epo

Fabulous job bro! You made even the ordinary ppl stands out from the photo. In fact, I like almost all the pics you've posted here.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi,

Great Photos.

epo

Fabulous job bro! You made even the ordinary ppl stands out from the photo. In fact, I like almost all the pics you've posted here.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, so nice of you saying so ;) Those people are very pretty and friendly, great subjects for street photography.

Nice captures, Fengwei. :thumbsup:

This is definitely a worthwhile photographic trip that you have embarked on .............. ;)

Nice captures, Fengwei. :thumbsup:

This is definitely a worthwhile photographic trip that you have embarked on .............. ;)

Thanks Zenten :) It is a great trip w/ lots of photos. Pity we didn't get time/chance to see some beaches ...

I love Street Shoots!
Nice nice!

Thanks Andy, glad you like them :)

hey...really like the natural smiles ....feel soooo good

Hey,
Great pics! How did you convince these people to let you shoot them? I've been to the Philippines and Thailand a couple of times, but the locals were mostly not very enthusiastic of my camera's presence:(

Hey,
Great pics! How did you convince these people to let you shoot them? I've been to the Philippines and Thailand a couple of times, but the locals were mostly not very enthusiastic of my camera's presence:(

Thanks. Maybe I have a prettier face lah ;)

Just kidding, actually the Filipinos are the friendliest people I've ever photoed. And we went there during the Holy Week, the national holiday over there. Most people were in good mood during that time I guess.

Those were good portraits that you have there, all keepers i think. I felt that the shot with the blood spotted all over the boys face is the most thought-provoking and I liked it best.

Nonetheless, I couldn't help but think about all that blood being splattered around from strangers if it was any hygienic(which of course it isn't) especially with regards to diseases like hepatitis, ..... or worse HIV. :eek:

Those were good portraits that you have there, all keepers i think. I felt that the shot with the blood spotted all over the boys face is the most thought-provoking and I liked it best.

Nonetheless, I couldn't help but think about all that blood being splattered around from strangers if it was any hygienic(which of course it isn't) especially with regards to diseases like hepatitis, ..... or worse HIV. :eek:

Thanks. Glad you like these photos.

As to the hygienic thing, I didn't think about it when I was there w/ the crowd, just like I'm not too worried about those epidemics here in SG ...

Status
Not open for further replies.