Stock imagery wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50 per image. How will the images be used?? Basically, from what I understand from the post is that the photographer will selling the images to Floresco Productions Pte Ltd, and will not retain any rights to those images.

If that is the case, isn't $50 a little on the low side. Stock image houses charge $200-$500 to buy one of their images, based on the usage. The photographers still retain all rights to those images and get royalties if and when the images are sold and used.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

hondasleeper said:
$50 per image. How will the images be used?? Basically, from what I understand from the post is that the photographer will selling the images to Floresco Productions Pte Ltd, and will not retain any rights to those images.

If that is the case, isn't $50 a little on the low side. Stock image houses charge $200-$500 to buy one of their images, based on the usage. The photographers still retain all rights to those images and get royalties if and when the images are sold and used.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I totally agree. $50 is just too cheap considering the fact that Floresco is buying over the photos and the rights and could easily make thousands from 1 photo itself. Photographers SHOULD retain the rights to their photos and should get royalties from it. The least Floresco could do is to at least pay a higher price or give royalties to the photographer.

just my 2 cents worth.:eek:

Well actually, high res film scans of MF or LF film would solve the pixel problem :) Don't really need a 1DSMKII. Or you could always try bicubic interpolation:bsmilie:

Sharonsome thing is not right - gamut 5 will be very close to featureless black and 250 very close to featureless white - if you send for photo printing these points will reproduce as black and white. Ditto to for offset printing. Prices are wonderful - a rare tribute to respect to the work need to become a good photog. I tip my hat off to your boss. Commercial the prices make sense practically you will get monkies for suppliers and a lot of monkey poo for stock. Asia photo or photo asia tried that route see where they are now. Some of your competition have a better business model. Do your homework.

gundugundu said:
$50 is way too cheap liao.

Yeh, i believe so too, Dreamstime just started selling licences to buy all rights to the image and all of mine have been recomended to sell between 300-3000 USD. 50SGD is too cheap, especially as the requiremnts are so damn high. 16MP is shocking :bigeyes:

Thanks again for the responses/replies/comments.

First off I would like to mention that the stock imagery that we are looking for after we buy them, we submit them to the stock library. This stock library has their pool of photographers who do purely stock photography and are professionals. They are not like the other stock website/s who only purchase images.

The way to enter into the royalities program is firstly the photographers have to shoot stock based on a production brief provided to them on his/her own expenses and submit them for approval on whether they will be accepted by the stock library as one of their contributing photographers. The stock library has the right to reject these images if they feel there are not up to their production quality and standard and not sign them up.

As for royalities earning, this is only applicable to already professional photographers with years of experience in both professional market and in the stock industry; all of the photographers had done the above, before they are being considered as a contributing photographer and have a contract with them.

What we are planning to do is to buy existing images since these images had already been shot, provided these images meets our approval and technical specs. And if there's genuine interest, we'll buy existing images at an agreed price and let him/her do stock shoot test on his/her own and then see if they get selected by the stock library.

Appreciate those who had emailed me directly your queries, I will be addressing/replying to you today.

Cheers,
Sharon Ng

Status
Not open for further replies.