Stgcc 2011

just test my flashgun and seem like not working properly or i should say i dont know how to use :confused: .... think cant bring the flashgun along this weekend.. using built in flash.. thanks canonmono for the tissue paper trick ;) ....

Dylan, what time you will be heading there?

just test my flashgun and seem like not working properly or i should say i dont know how to use :confused: .... think cant bring the flashgun along this weekend.. using built in flash.. thanks canonmono for the tissue paper trick ;) ....

bring ur flash and ask dylan to assist you or if ur going on sun, more of us can help u as well, Tissue Paper has a new meaning in Photography but still u need to test it to see how many pieces u need to diffuse the shadow and tips on sat is not to shoot the cosplayer against anything that is reflective ..

i have a pop up flash diffuser.. i can bring it there if u need it..just pm me :D

i have a pop up flash diffuser.. i can bring it there if u need it..just pm me :D

thanks stvkoswara. but i plan go on saturday. sunday i'm not free.

i think is batter buy a pop up flash diffuser since it wont be costly. anyway thanks for the tips canonmono.. :)

will bring my flashgun down as well and hope Dylan & orange could help me out of this matter.. :)

thanks stvkoswara. but i plan go on saturday. sunday i'm not free.

i think is batter buy a pop up flash diffuser since it wont be costly. anyway thanks for the tips canonmono.. :)

will bring my flashgun down as well and hope Dylan & orange could help me out of this matter.. :)

hmm i not sure of my timing yet, the official thing starts at 10?
btw what flash is yours? i am only familiar with canon n nissin :p

I going Dare Devil Shooting haha

I Got 1 tip

Avoid Crowds of photographer and get up close Hahaha

Be Patience lol

Last edited:
I have a diffuser trick:
Cut out from the big white opaque Milk plastic container (not the paper carton), tape to ur pop-up flash (u need to have a distance between)
The milk container's material & opacity is similar to the pop-up flash diffuser & the white diffuser cap on external flash.
furthermore, reusable...must recycle to save mother nature.

Hope u guys enjoyt STGCC.Too bad Sat i go for Palangsi's workshop then go for Frenz's ROM.
Sun i having a trail...( Cya, CanonMono!)

@yu jianzhi: miss ur big head, getting into my shoots.....the tanjong pagar shoots, i think i can compile a coffee table book of your handsome face....

Last edited:
I have a diffuser trick:
Cut out from the big white opaque Milk plastic container (not the paper carton), tape to ur pop-up flash (u need to have a distance between)
The milk container's material & opacity is similar to the pop-up flash diffuser & the white diffuser cap on external flash.
furthermore, reusable...must recycle to save mother nature.

Hope u guys enjoyt STGCC.Too bad Sat i go for Palangsi's workshop then go for Frenz's ROM.
Sun i having a trail...( Cya, CanonMono!)

@yu jianzhi: miss ur big head, getting into my shoots.....the tanjong pagar shoots, i think i can compile a coffee table book of your handsome face....

Actually i think buying ticket or not is not important as the cosplayer will be outside and u buy ticket only when u need to buy something and tickets can be bought from any action city outlet and receive a free posters as well .. and stuko u buying ticket on that day or? Can post full detail thx =) see u weiteck on sun =)

Last edited:
the cosplayer nvr inside???everytimes the same??

Last edited:
Logically, hall is full of people and mechandise .. so if u r the cosplayer will u stay inside while ur items is placed outside(noone will look after for u, even have friend have to folo u whereever u go) or bring everything in a luggage while u walk inside with photographer crowded all over u like some prevert ..

To those going on sat,

What time u guys want meet? 1030 or earlier? I have no idea what time cosplayers will be there. Reaching earlier will give us time to test out the lighting n flash settings as well.
I will not be going into the exhibition hall as I have to leave before 2pm, so not worth it :p

For sat photogs, PM me yr details so I know whos joining...

To those going on sat,

What time u guys want meet? 1030 or earlier? I have no idea what time cosplayers will be there. Reaching earlier will give us time to test out the lighting n flash settings as well.
I will not be going into the exhibition hall as I have to leave before 2pm, so not worth it :p

For sat photogs, PM me yr details so I know whos joining...

Hey bro, my friend is having a table tennis next door at hall 403 and 404 from 9am to 6pm and it's free =) Panning and cosplay bro? I will be going with another cser =)