Starhub offers 25mbps down/ 1mbps up Cable plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
di0nysus said:
just wondering, those with MO2000, 6500 etc, what do you do with your bandwith most of the time?

Am using MO2000, and though its not as fast as a real T3 connection, with estimated 200kBs, i can download ~700MB/hr. Thats ~ 15Gig/day. And upload ~100MB/hr, 2.4G/day. That is assumming when you download, the other server can keep up with you.

u are right, actually it is pointless IF the speed to oversea websites still the same..remember all the ISP are sharing the same pipeline and starhub already allocated certain bandwidth for its customers....so unless they increase the bandwidth allocated to them, else with all these ulimate plans surly jammed up everything...but i suppose they should have prepared :think:

Wai said:
good idea..too bad i dunno my neighbour well...

for me, 5 PC and 2 laptop running at the same time

my bro can be playing online game while my father watch streaming news (almost whole day) and i will upload/download stuff from my server while i surf net heavily

bandwidth where got enough
wow... 5 PCs :bigeyes: you running home office?

Wai said:
u are right, actually it is pointless IF the speed to oversea websites still the same..remember all the ISP are sharing the same pipeline and starhub already allocated certain bandwidth for its customers....so unless they increase the bandwidth allocated to them, else with all these ulimate plans surly jammed up everything...but i suppose they should have prepared :think:

Wow... if outgoing bandwidth is limited, then those going for ultimate plans would be paying up their nose for nothing... ;p Siao, man... Not worth it then... not sure whether this is the case. Any ways to check?

I dun mind getting the ultimate plan. What worried me is the notebook... Is it worth while? The package didn't even include a AC adapter! and comes with 45 days warranty. Obviously, you have to pay more than that. In that case is it still worthwhile getting assuming I have paid for the necessary accessories and warranty to keep it going? How about the notebook spec? :embrass:

FYI, about the enhanced 256Kbps upload for the 2000 MOL users, you have to power down your Modem to get that upload speed. I was trying last night and uploading was still the same till I read the starhub website stated that.. :bsmilie:

Hey tokrot,

Care explaining what do u mean by powering down modem to get enhanced 256k upload speed? You mean everytime yo do that you have to power down modem 1st?? :think:

Thanks.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think tokrot meant refreshing the modem, meaning off it, den restart, to get the new speed.
yup, each time the modem boots up, it get the configs from starhub. so in order to get the new increased upload speed, you need to restart your modem.

birefringence said:
Hey tokrot,

Care explaining what do u mean by powering down modem to get enhanced 256k upload speed? You mean everytime yo do that you have to power down modem 1st?? :think:

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't get my point across. What I mean is that to enjoy the 256kps upload speed if you are a 2000MOL user, just power down your modem and up once to enjoy the new speed. All you have to do is just one time..

http://www.starhub.com/online/maxonline/index.html

Read the small box in the link provided on the left please.

It said "Enhanced upload speeds for MaxOnline 2000 customers!
Simply power off and on your cable modem to enjoy enhanced upload speeds of up to 256Kbps right away." ;)

guys, u think worth it to get the
Intel® Pentium® M 725 Processor (1.6GHz, 400MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache) version? @ 523.95
den add 512MB 333MHz DDR memory @ 147
den add HP Universal Travel Adaptor @ 31.50

its going to be 702.45 extra...

btw how much is a cable modem? and whats the best to get now?

very tempting man!!!!!..should I????im still using the MO2000

Wai said:
....so unless they increase the bandwidth allocated to them, else with all these ulimate plans surly jammed up everything...but i suppose they should have prepared :think:
Ha, there are alot of "should haves" in this corporate world... ;)

Can't they just put in the offer for current 6500 users? I signed up mine in Jan2005, and already got blown off when I heard they are giving a Linksys wireless G router 2 weeks after my signing, instead of the damn motorola wireless B junk.

:mad2:

Btw do I need a new modem??? I am currently using Motorola surfboard... :embrass:

aiyah...no announcement from Starhub about upgrading their overseas bandwidth...looks like it's still throttled to keep peering costs down. So disappointed :(

If you surf a lot of overseas sites, performance will not improve with this new plan.

birefringence said:
Hey tokrot,

Thanks.

Starhub will automatically upload a new firmware to change the upload and download cap. You wont know if starhub already uploaded a new firmware to your modem. however to activate the new firmware, you need to reboot the modem and you only need to do it once.

how i get to know this is because my internet was interrupted when they upload the new firmware to my modem, and after i reboot my modem...viola...my MOL 1500 become 6500

Wai said:
There are pple who want to buy extra AC adapter, one put at home, one put in office lar

hmm think i buy 2 extra, 1 put in office, 1 put in mini room, 1 put at home... feeling rich? ;p

anyway, i think package have everything liao rite... just need to upgrade ram, btw can change to XP PRO?

This is a surprising offer.

knoxknocks said:
aiyah...no announcement from Starhub about upgrading their overseas bandwidth...looks like it's still throttled to keep peering costs down. So disappointed :(

If you surf a lot of overseas sites, performance will not improve with this new plan.
Anyone has actual experiences with the download speed from oversea websites under all these increase speed? If the improvement is limited to sites in Singapore, I wonder what godd does it do.

Accessing Club Snap will be lightening fast :) that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.