S'poreans ranked lowest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather be happy period. be it poor or rich. I just find people with more money, seemed to have more problems.

Yes i am unhappy.
*sigh* the modest and tiny home part is not a choice.
fixed simi assets? my life is my asset.

that perception may oni be true for some cos there will always be unhappy peps, rich or poor.

if u have lots of investments turn them into cash loh. any form of investment need to constantly take care in case loose value & such. den park ur $$ in real gold bars. the ultimate barometer of wealth for milleniums!! ;p

Look at it this way - The car your drive belongs to the Bank. Only becomes yours after the loan is fully paid. If you're on 10-year loan, you're merely "renting" the car - YOU DO NOT own it.

The flat/ housing you stay in, also belongs to the bank (if you take a bank loan). And with bank loans now stretching into 40-year loans, one can ONLY retire at 71, supposing he/ she buys their housing unit at 30. SO you own your house from 70years old onwards - probably for another 15 year before you kick the bucket...;p

???? u can pay of your loans EARLIER actually. who ask you to take 10 year loans to buy a car? or 40 year loan to buy a house????

???? u can pay of your loans EARLIER actually. who ask you to take 10 year loans to buy a car? or 40 year loan to buy a house????

Got money can pay all. No money pay by installment

I think if left $10k and about to default, of course I sell the place rather than wait for bank foreclosure, pay the $10k and some interest/fine and take the remaining money to rent or buy something else. Takes a few warning and legal procedure to kick u out. Sure negotiate with bank.

Technically, not really correct.

The difference between your line of thought of "leasing" means that at the end of the day, you do not have any value, asset or cash.

Let me give you an example... lets say you paid almost all your loans...mabbe say left $10K default... what happens when the bank seize your house? they sell for $500K and pocket the difference? :think:

I think if left $10k and about to default, of course I sell the place rather than wait for bank foreclosure, pay the $10k and some interest/fine and take the remaining money to rent or buy something else. Takes a few warning and legal procedure to kick u out. Sure negotiate with bank.

of course...

but pls see my post in the context to what I've quoted. :rolleyes:

US GM goes begging for money and one of the reasons was too much money were given out to pensioners!

I tot it was mainly the Unions not willing to take more pay cut? :think:

money is not important.
I rather be poor happy than be rich stresssed and unhappy.

look at the millionaire who had committed suicide... he still have about 100 millions!

I understand that you mean you would rather be happy than rich if being rich makes you unhappy.
But I can't help to feel the undertone that 'Being rich is being stressful and unhappy.'

I don't believe the clique that the rich are more stressed out than the poor. They just have a different kind of problem. Generally, the rich gets rich because they hold greater responsibility over more people. E.g. A owner of a company is stressed because he has to keep the company going, so that he can pay monthly wages to his employees. He may get rich because of the risks (and therefore stress) he undertook.

Of course if you are single and contented and with no other reponsibilities, it's easy to be happy and poor. But, most of us have family: parents, spouse, children to take care of.

If you are poor, these are the potential sources of stress:

"
What do I do if I don't get enough cash to get milk, decent food for my children?
How do I get medication for my parents who are ill?
What do I do when I run out of medisave to pay for their hospitalization, even after subsidies are taken into consideration?
How's the next rental going to be paid? What happen if I missed it and get chased out? Where are my family going to stay?
"

Put things in perspective. Being rich = Having more money. Money cannot buy happiness - a clique which we all know, but it gives you the convenience and ability to buy certain goods and services which my enhance your well being when you want it - not only for you, but also for your family, your loved ones, when they need it.

I understand that you mean you would rather be happy than rich if being rich makes you unhappy.
But I can't help to feel the undertone that 'Being rich is being stressful and unhappy.'

yeap u are right. I do feel that being rich is being stressful and unhappy.
I don't believe the clique that the rich are more stressed out than the poor. They just have a different kind of problem. Generally, the rich gets rich because they hold greater responsibility over more people. E.g. A owner of a company is stressed because he has to keep the company going, so that he can pay monthly wages to his employees. He may get rich because of the risks (and therefore stress) he undertook.

Of course if you are single and contented and with no other reponsibilities, it's easy to be happy and poor. But, most of us have family: parents, spouse, children to take care of.

If you are poor, these are the potential sources of stress:

"
What do I do if I don't get enough cash to get milk, decent food for my children?
How do I get medication for my parents who are ill?
What do I do when I run out of medisave to pay for their hospitalization, even after subsidies are taken into consideration?
How's the next rental going to be paid? What happen if I missed it and get chased out? Where are my family going to stay?
"

Put things in perspective. Being rich = Having more money. Money cannot buy happiness - a clique which we all know, but it gives you the convenience and ability to buy certain goods and services which my enhance your well being when you want it - not only for you, but also for your family, your loved ones, when they need it.

I understand the points you had given above. But let me give u my point of view.

If I am poorer than the average people, I can seek the gov't help with paying of my parent's medical bills. And if i don't have enough money to pay for my rental, I will just go put up with people or go wander the street.

My family ? they are all much better off than me, I need not worry for them.

I just want to be less well off, n having a low paying job. contributing what I can to the family, and not worried about anything else.

And if i were to fall sick, even better, I might just die earlier, leaving all these behind.

I tot it was mainly the Unions not willing to take more pay cut? :think:

Pay cut is only when they discovered they were not competitive. The union knows that millions of jobs will be lost if there is no help. The govt has no choice but to pump in money.

The closure not only affects US but world wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.