Soon to be Pentax owner need advice :)

Thanks Yamakasi , I try not to use zoom because I don't have 'feel' of camera angle everytime when I used idiot camera I tend to zoom in full and picture always blurr . The K01 got stablelizer and f2.8 fast enought for shaky hands .
I just learn new word like bohket of lenses the "feel" correct me if I am wrong that DA 40mm XS very good.
I have been hunting for my first digital SLR for months and waiting for K30 but K01 now offer :)

no problem :) as long you know that for DA40, you will need to move to 'zoom'

DA 40mm xs is a good lens, value for money

imo, you should just switch focus to K30. i find that its more versatile and its easier to hold. i like the K-01 as a concept but i didn't buy one cos i don't think it suits my needs :)

the K-01 is not exactly "small" - even with the 40XS, its not "pocket-able". it also has no viewfinder so you'll be using the rear LCD to compose and focus - not exactly an easy thing to do with a big camera and even less comfortable to use if u're pairing with a big lens like the high end DA*16-50 or the DA*50-135.

the K30 retains traditional DSLR ergonomics - you hold it close to your eye with your right hand and support the lens with your left hand - its a more natural posture for a camera bigger than a compact PNS.

and not to mention that it has 2 scroll dials so u can control both shutter and aperture easily when in M mode and it is WR - u'll probably enjoy using it more :)

the beauty of using pentax is the availability of high quality prime lenses - from the relatively affordable 50f1.8 and 35f2.4, to the high quality DA and FA Limited.

but for holidays, i strongly suggest u use a zoom like the 18-55 or 18-135. if budget allows, a fast zoom like the DA*16-50 or Tamron 17-50 is also very good - easier to use, less to pack. at most, just pack 1 more fast prime that u like to use for low light. its no fun packing a big camera bag and changing lenses all the time.
Thanks Bro :) now i am confused liao :(

philip113 said:
Thanks Bro :) now i am confused liao :(

Bro.... like wat the other bro mentioned, go n check it out. Touch it, feel it..... then decide....

or join this monthly Pentax outing, you have all the camera and lens options to play around for free, including old ancient Pentax cameras and lenses

Haha! , I bought my Kr at that booth during SITEX, I kept looking for Kr that I missed the model. Pay attention next time Philip , my teacher would have said.
Later going Suntex not sure can find Pentax if not buy online :) narrow down to k30 0r k01 :)

Later going Suntex not sure can find Pentax if not buy online :) narrow down to k30 0r k01 :)

Went Comex suntec two nights, did not see a single Pentax.
CHeck out the Olympus OMD-EM5, it seemed to have very bad pixel peeping resolution, I asked the guy at the booth why, he said maybe setting but he could not know how to set, well for $1888 camera that only look retro and works like retro is really expensive.

PhilipKr35 said:
Went Comex suntec two nights, did not see a single Pentax.
CHeck out the Olympus OMD-EM5, it seemed to have very bad pixel peeping resolution, I asked the guy at the booth why, he said maybe setting but he could not know how to set, well for $1888 camera that only look retro and works like retro is really expensive.

My bold truth-After selling off my yellow K-01 kit(xs40) and bought omd em5, I am still very happy with omd em5. It is up to you and within your budget. Suggest you go to SLRREVO on 4th floor at Funan Centre to check out the latest price of OMD EM5.

My bold truth-After selling off my yellow K-01 kit(xs40) and bought omd em5, I am still very happy with omd em5. It is up to you and within your budget. Suggest you go to SLRREVO on 4th floor at Funan Centre to check out the latest price of OMD EM5.

SLR Rev better price than Comex ? OK thanks.

Went to comex yesterday , couldn't, go in because it was so crowded many of us got stuck at the entrance. Decided to pass :)
Pentax web price quite funny sometimes you buy combo can be more expensive:)
I definitely would buy Pentax so OMD 4/3 not considering as reading clubsnap forum during my leisure every day.
Canon, Nikon are ex and their followers always like to buy new product instead of go photo taking,
Sony are good but I decide on Pentax
OMD 43 hear is not bad I think
Here got some very experience award winning senior gave good write up , even the Pentax Q becomes great when in their hands,
I didn't know buying DSlr can be so difficult :)

The pricelist for Pentax out of date Liao ,

Went to comex yesterday , couldn't, go in because it was so crowded many of us got stuck at the entrance. Decided to pass :)
Pentax web price quite funny sometimes you buy combo can be more expensive:)
I definitely would buy Pentax so OMD 4/3 not considering as reading clubsnap forum during my leisure every day.
Canon, Nikon are ex and their followers always like to buy new product instead of go photo taking,
Sony are good but I decide on Pentax
OMD 43 hear is not bad I think
Here got some very experience award winning senior gave good write up , even the Pentax Q becomes great when in their hands,
I didn't know buying DSlr can be so difficult :)

It's actually not that difficult, once the homework completed ( checking advise w seniors, reviews, touching and feeling the camera,...)

After that becomes very easy, just sit back, relax and let the Poison slowly and eventually get into the blood stream.
Suddenly when poison takes it's full effect, what follows is Ecstasy more explosive than the 'drug' itself.

I am now on the Q Poisoning, it is unbearable now.

Sit back and relax.

Hi, if u want to get the K30, there's a good offer @ Electronics Hub @ T3, Changi Airport now.

K30, 15-55 kit (non-WR) is @ $1129 (cheaper than pentaxwebstore of $1299). Freebie includes Hugger Bag (listed $88.81 on webstore). U can ask for more freebies :)

Last day today!.

I just got my 18-135 kit there yesterday.

Thanks for the infos:) online k30 + 18-55 kit lens WR is 1298$ combo
But buy separately is k30 $909 body , WR18 - 55mm is $192 total =$1100 :)

The combo that is cheaper if buy separate is
K30 + lens DA 40mm xs prime lens $1143 :)
Separate price is $1213 :)

Last edited:
Yes. You are right. Which is why i bought the 18-135 combo :)

K30+DA40XS was one of the combo i considered.

The unfortunate thing of buying online is that u cant make full use of credit cards to get the necessary cash rebates.

E.g. using the SCB BonusSaver a/c CC, every $500 multiple (different a/c of course) will get u $38 rebate on $25k deposit.

Yes. You are right. Which is why i bought the 18-135 combo :)

K30+DA40XS was one of the combo i considered.

The unfortunate thing of buying online is that u cant make full use of credit cards to get the necessary cash rebates.

E.g. using the SCB BonusSaver a/c CC, every $500 multiple (different a/c of course) will get u $38 rebate on $25k deposit.
Bro :) how much is your 18-135 combo ?