Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1, a 10mpixel monster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
user111 said:
lolss.:bsmilie: but T series looks super slim..thats quite normal isnt it?:cool:

When the T1 was released, it was quite abnormal. Slim with 2.5 inch display. In those days, a 2.5 inch was HUGE. Nowadays when competitors catch up, then it looks normal. :bsmilie: That Nikon S1 even looks like a Sony T3. :sweatsm:

A monster indeed :)
http://dpnow.com/bb/news.pl/frames=n/read/45

pic52.jpg

pic45.jpg

How come no one mention that the hot-shoe is at a very weird position...

i wonder how it feels with an external flash...balanced or not?

Well, it seems like there'll be more surprises coming up soon.

Canon Pro2? Nikon 9000?

well i think R1 just killed FZ30.

5fps, Nightshot, Video mode, F2.8-F3.2, 16megapixels, 24mm-240mm, 3' lcd.... -> R2D2.

davsmiths said:
How come no one mention that the hot-shoe is at a very weird position...

i wonder how it feels with an external flash...balanced or not?
With the hotshoe at the right side, it definitely balances up the weight, and probably reduces red-eye effect.

My worry is third-party flashes like Metz 54-MZ4 which relies on the ACC terminal (instead of the hotshoe connectors) to sync the flash may not have cables long enough to reach for the ACC terminaal on the extreme left side.

Just read the preview at Dpreview this morning, this camera produce good images up to ISO 800, above that noise can be seen (Very Obvious). When I look at ISO 1600 my heart sank, I thought this camera can performs like the Canon EOS 350 @ ISO 1600:cry:

up to ISO800 very good already lah.

i feel this is a very formiddable cam. very convenient & good image quality. the most important killer feature is the punchy colours many have expected of their DSLR for so long.

if i dun own any DSLR, i probably won't hesitate getting this Sony becos of the above reasons. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.