Sony A7/(r) image sharing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paiseh bro ... The other bro just told me to keep the lens until A7mono appears. Then he wants it back lol :)

I am alos thinking of not selling this lens bro after another round of shooting session today hehe

Let's do a head to head shoot out n u will c y. Haha

I got a pg 50 and md rokkor 50 both f1.4...i read from websites that pg 50 f1.4 has the same design from f1.2 if i didnt read wrongly lolxx....btw md rokkor 85 f1.7 is it good? Read also that this version hv a very short life just a year and stop producing....anyone used it b4?? I saw selling 600 plus....hmmm....

It stop production because that is an old design, designated MD becos the new MD 85 mm f2.0 was on the way. I believe it is similar to the MC PF 85mm f1.7. Whether there is MD coating nobody can verify. The MD 85 mm f2.0 is superb. Period. Sharp and quality control is great. Like the MD 24mm f2.8, every copy I owned has performed consistently. A true legend IMO and relatively cheap.

Very easy no need to be confuse.

Last series MC Rokkor 58 mm f1.2 s/n is 277XXXXX
All or most from 274 XXX on wards should be similar and has the latest coatings.
Maybe even 270XX up is good.
Check ebay, all of them are 258XXX to 259XXXX.
I believe bro Keith and bro Thoth has 274XXXX (?).

Cheers

It stop production because that is an old design, designated MD becos the new MD 85 mm f2.0 was on the way. I believe it is similar to the MC PF 85mm f1.7. Whether there is MD coating nobody can verify. The MD 85 mm f2.0 is superb. Period. Sharp and quality control is great. Like the MD 24mm f2.8, every copy I owned has performed consistently. A true legend IMO and relatively cheap.

Yeah the MD 85/2 is awesome lens I manage to use this for short time but that was during NEX7 was not able to test it on A7r. 85/1.7 I have not idea but reading some reviews seem ok.

Actually didnt want to say this cos this may have material impact on the price of used MC Rokkor 58 mm f1.2.

This is a superb lens for video..and I mean professional videographer. Good copies are hard to come by. With the advent of high def video, the demand for this lens will go up. Partly why it is diff to find good copies nowadays. For those holding good copies, keep them.

Actually didnt want to say this cos this may have material impact on the price of used MC Rokkor 58 mm f1.2. This is a superb lens for video..and I mean professional videographer. Good copies are hard to come by. With the advent of high def video, the demand for this lens will go up. Partly why it is diff to find good copies nowadays. For those holding good copies, keep them.

Agree :)

I do find SG prices too high though , scout Ebay for a good copy instead and pls do take the standard precautions like buying from someone with a good reputation.

Versions wise , they do differ and each has their strengths. I do find the very 1st version good for B&W for example.

Mine even came with the lens box which was a surprise to me.

Actually didnt want to say this cos this may have material impact on the price of used MC Rokkor 58 mm f1.2. This is a superb lens for video..and I mean professional videographer. Good copies are hard to come by. With the advent of high def video, the demand for this lens will go up. Partly why it is diff to find good copies nowadays. For those holding good copies, keep them.

Now I am looking for lens with cinematic feel and look and has cinematic looking flare. I can't find much ref in the internet most are talking about cine lense. Any idea bro if you happen to know any lens ? Hehe

Very easy no need to be confuse.

Last series MC Rokkor 58 mm f1.2 s/n is 277XXXXX
All or most from 274 XXX on wards should be similar and has the latest coatings.
Maybe even 270XX up is good.
Check ebay, all of them are 258XXX to 259XXXX.
I believe bro Keith and bro Thoth has 274XXXX (?).

Cheers

Wah good information. Thanks

Easy Contax 28mm f2.0 Hollywood.

Now I am looking for lens with cinematic feel and look and has cinematic looking flare. I can't find much ref in the internet most are talking about cine lense. Any idea bro if you happen to know any lens ? Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.