Sony A55 & A33 DSLR Camera Not Suited For Tropical Climates

True. Unless Sony Releases a fix to turn off the Tru Finder. :) But then again, A33,A55 has no PC-Sync port because the marketing people are targeting this cam to be a high speed shooting machine, and they think you don't need this in the studio.

... they probably won't fix that unless a huge bunch of people are intending to "machine gun" at 6-10fps with studio lights... and not a lot of studio lights can do that unless you're talking about Profoto... :sweat:

If they dun fix this , then Cham liao lor for me... need another body

So, is obviously a marketing tactic,Sony is not prepared to give both in a camera for double uses,u only have a high speed shoot 10 frame or a studio with the syn port.:( That is :think:really a let down.?? cannot understand the real effect there.

So, is obviously a marketing tactic,Sony is not prepared to give both in a camera for double uses,u only have a high speed shoot 10 frame or a studio with the syn port.:( That is :think:really a let down.?? cannot understand the real effect there.

I think it's a marketting thing also coz if A33/A55 could do everything and they release a bigger e.g. A77 or pro level A99 etc it wont sell anymore.... coz the lower end of the model could do it :)

after using A33 for two weeks now I find the design and menu of A33/A55 is more close to pro-consumer cameras... and also I heard they wont even be releasing any vertical grip for A33/A55 models so it's really targetting those entry level who doesnt want the form factor of NEX or m4/3..

And also this is a new design and technology so it will have a lot of issues and problems that will show up as the user base continue to grow...

That's why it still best for buyers to research on what you planning to get before buying it so atleast you will know what to expect. Sadly for those like us who bought it and just discovered the issue there's nothing for us to do but wait and pray a fix would be release soon.

I think it's a marketting thing also coz if A33/A55 could do everything and they release a bigger e.g. A77 or pro level A99 etc it wont sell anymore.... coz the lower end of the model could do it :)

after using A33 for two weeks now I find the design and menu of A33/A55 is more close to pro-consumer cameras... and also I heard they wont even be releasing any vertical grip for A33/A55 models so it's really targetting those entry level who doesnt want the form factor of NEX or m4/3..

And also this is a new design and technology so it will have a lot of issues and problems that will show up as the user base continue to grow...

That's why it still best for buyers to research on what you planning to get before buying it so atleast you will know what to expect. Sadly for those like us who bought it and just discovered the issue there's nothing for us to do but wait and pray a fix would be release soon.

Luckily have not committed with this cam,will not join in this A 55 or even bigger set up for this slt cam. Don't like the feeling to be a white mouse,it is really a let down.:sweatsm:

Out of sudden, this overheat saga has blown out of proportion and seems to overshadow this good little camera.

In the first place, video was never meant to be in a DSLR and many people previously still bash saying no need for Video in DSLR.

Now that finally video is available, first with Nikon, then Canon, Pentax and finally Sony, it seems all fingers are pointing the fault to Sony for overheating sensors.

This limitation affects all DSLRs and I seldom see people bashing Canon or Nikon for it.

Even if the sensor has matured enough to resolve this overheating issue, most DSLR manufactureres will still set a time limit to the duration of video, if not nobody will buy their videocams!

So what will happen to VG10 or the new m4/3 videocam from Panasonic? They do not have these issues and uses the same sensors as DSLR counterpart. So it really voice down on how the sensor is being cooled and "product limitation" that these companies have to set in order not to cannibalise sales of their other products.

Hi, Though Nex is small, its lenses are metal brass which will absorb and dissipate heat from
the body.

I would say A33/55 is a very good vacation cum family camera.

It enable you to travel light, have access to all Sony/Minolta lenses and able to take good quality fast AF video clips of your kids, family or pets.

If you want professional camera, pay for "professional grade".

End of story.

Hi, Though Nex is small, its lenses are metal brass which will absorb and dissipate heat from
the body.

It becos NEX does not have inbody IS.

If you disable IS, A33/55 can have same video duration as NEX.

Nothing to do with the material of the lenses since there is no direct connection of the lens to the sensor.

Luckily have not committed with this cam,will not join in this A 55 or even bigger set up for this slt cam. Don't like the feeling to be a white mouse,it is really a let down.:sweatsm:

actually it depends on your requirements bro... to me I wont be shooting studio anytime soon using this cam so to me this issue is not an issue actually.

Like everyone else are saying each systems has it's pro and con we just need to check it out and decide if the con over shadow the pro from your perpective :) to me none of the so far issue is affecting me so i would say I'm still good. And before I've bought this i have read users feedback so i was aware of some of the issue already...

but for me it's the fast AF and good features like DRO/HDR and Auto ISO and partly the fast burst mode and HD video (but I hardly use this) that attracts me to this camera.

It's the same for other brands each model has a targetted users and each has a pros and cons you just need to research before buying :)

Out of sudden, this overheat saga has blown out of proportion and seems to overshadow this good little camera.

In the first place, video was never meant to be in a DSLR and many people previously still bash saying no need for Video in DSLR.

Now that finally video is available, first with Nikon, then Canon, Pentax and finally Sony, it seems all fingers are pointing the fault to Sony for overheating sensors.

This limitation affects all DSLRs and I seldom see people bashing Canon or Nikon for it.

Even if the sensor has matured enough to resolve this overheating issue, most DSLR manufactureres will still set a time limit to the duration of video, if not nobody will buy their videocams!

So what will happen to VG10 or the new m4/3 videocam from Panasonic? They do not have these issues and uses the same sensors as DSLR counterpart. So it really voice down on how the sensor is being cooled and "product limitation" that these companies have to set in order not to cannibalise sales of their other products.

I would say A33/55 is a very good vacation cum family camera.

It enable you to travel light, have access to all Sony/Minolta lenses and able to take good quality fast AF video clips of your kids, family or pets.

If you want professional camera, pay for "professional grade".

End of story.

yeah agree with you bro each model has a target users and each model has it's pro and con now our job as a buyer is to do your home work dont just go to the shop and listen to the sale guys.... most of the time they'll tell you this and that just to get you to buy a particular model/brand...

To me I like A33/A55 coz it's fast enough to capture my active 3 yrs old baby and I am very happy now I have those precious moment frozen in time (in digital format i mean) :bsmilie:

yeah agree with you bro each model has a target users and each model has it's pro and con now our job as a buyer is to do your home work dont just go to the shop and listen to the sale guys.... most of the time they'll tell you this and that just to get you to buy a particular model/brand...

To me I like A33/A55 coz it's fast enough to capture my active 3 yrs old baby and I am very happy now I have those precious moment frozen in time (in digital format i mean) :bsmilie:

Yes bro, I also use my A55 with 35/1.8 lens to capture all indoor shots of my 2 naughty sons. 4yrs and 7mths old and I am satisfied with the picture and video quality.

It may not be a 5DMk2 or D7000, but this small little camera is so light and with a fast Liveview, capturing "professional" pictures has never been so easy.

Even my 4yr old boy also knows how to use my camera and take snapshots with it.

Most importantly is to enjoy what you have and how the item enable you to spend happy moments.

No point talking so much about "professional features" and yet not happy with the item you bought.

Yes bro, I also use my A55 with 35/1.8 lens to capture all indoor shots of my 2 naughty sons. 4yrs and 7mths old and I am satisfied with the picture and video quality.

It may not be a 5DMk2 or D7000, but this small little camera is so light and with a fast Liveview, capturing "professional" pictures has never been so easy.

Even my 4yr old boy also knows how to use my camera and take snapshots with it.

Most importantly is to enjoy what you have and how the item enable you to spend happy moments.

No point talking so much about "professional features" and yet not happy with the item you bought.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think its a great holiday camera with the GPS function, able to take some holiday videos, light weight as well.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Exactly , I had since ditched the "professional features" setup and am happier now with the weight and the bulk..

Some people wants to pay "peanuts" to get professional features ma. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

More like some kids with too much time to troll around to me :)

I think its a great holiday camera with the GPS function, able to take some holiday videos, light weight as well.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Exactly , I had since ditched the "professional features" setup and am happier now with the weight and the bulk..

Oh yeah agree with you guys... Although sometimes I do miss my E620 buttons and menus but I am happy with A33 as Af is pretty fast... :)

:thumbsup:

More like some kids with too much time to troll around to me :)

I second that ! ...after reading his second post, I didn't bother with all further posts from him ! ...there's so much 'hate' in his posts ! ...really pity the camp he's from should his cam konks out on him. ! :think:

I second that ! ...after reading his second post, I didn't bother with all further posts from him ! ...there's so much 'hate' in his posts ! ...really pity the camp he's from should his cam konks out on him. ! :think:

I think sometimes we tend to be too technical about simple things. To the point we expect too much to something not meant to be.

you want the video function without overheating, get the VG-10...