Sogod Bay, Philippines - March 3rd to 9th: Whalesharks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjust the dial to the mode you want on the boat & do a test shot before you jump in, easier.
Actually I did do the adjustment and tested the setting. It is just that during the excitement of the whaleshark, I pressed the shutter button thinking it will start recording but it did not. So when I try to stop the recording, it actually started recording. And this carried on for a couple of recording period till I wanted to review my video that I notice it is still recording. I should have noticed the little red flashing camera logo in the screen, but the presence of a whaleshark metres away from you just grabbed all my attension.

Finally I have processed my photos. Didn't have any good photo, that probably excuse the slowness of the processing.

My WS photo were not good and there are many nice photo from RSU already, so will post some macro instead.

Tried shooting some video, but learn a very important lesson. Always pay attention to make sure that it is in recording mode when you pressed the button. I have 5min of video with water, wave, corals, wave water ...... when I thought the video is on, it is in fact off and when I thought it is off, it is taking video of it tumbling in the sea. Miss some good shots. :cry: But when I review the accidental videos later, there is actually a WS just meters from me that I did not even notice it. The experience with the magnificent Whaleshark and seeing a whale on route to see whaleshark was just brilliant.

Baby pig (Chromodoris leopardus)
P3110133_edit_small.jpg

Nudi feeding (Nembrotha lineolata feeding on ascidian)
P3110102_small.jpg

Shrimp with new cloth (Anemonae shrimp just moulted)
P3110126_edit_small.jpg

Reverse angle of kthan (Homo sapien with big camera)
P3090202_edit_small.jpg

Nice macro shots you have! like #1 esp.

Status
Not open for further replies.