Smoky Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
artistic!:thumbsup:

wow! really nice!

three thumbs up! oh wait, i only have 2

Reminds me of X-Ray photography. Some crazy creatures and beautiful designs. Love them.:thumbsup:

well executed!

thanks!

Reminds me of X-Ray photography. Some crazy creatures and beautiful designs. Love them.:thumbsup:

yeah, looks like some sort of aliens haha very abstract and unpredictable.

Can u share how u edit those pictures in PS? woohoo really wan to learn..haha

It is really simple, first make sure your background is really black, you can do that by playing around with brightness and contrast sliders. After that add a new layer and set blending mode to Color and you are all set and ready to paint the colors ;p you can play around with opacity too to adjust the saturation. Hope these helps! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

love the rose one most.

jus wondering if i use a sky blue background am i able to get a "cloud" effect? or even simulate a "twister"? might worth a try.. jus thinking out loud to share this idea. :think:

Oh my, this is so brilliant! It's really lovely! Thanks for sharing the pics and on how to go about doing this! My favs are #1, 3, 7 and 10! Love each of them for different reasons :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just so wonderful to look at and think about what the shapes mean to me... really thank you

Just wondering out loud..... ever try this with

1. incense of different thickness / materials ?

2. a (or several) thin lines of 'wind' (eg from hairdryer or with a little pipe?)

I can NEVER get stuff like this right , well done again

I like em all except #9

#4 has got be my favorite of them all. And of course, I also love #6 - the Predator!

Great photos! I love your work!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just so wonderful to look at and think about what the shapes mean to me... really thank you

Just wondering out loud..... ever try this with

1. incense of different thickness / materials ?

2. a (or several) thin lines of 'wind' (eg from hairdryer or with a little pipe?)

I can NEVER get stuff like this right , well done again

Hey, thanks! actually i am burning 2 joss sticks at the same time, trying to get more smoke and hoping it will twirl differently haha. Did tried to fan the smoke abit to create the "line" effect, but the smoke are very very light, a small fanning even with my palm disperse it haha. And glad you like the pics

I like em all except #9

#4 has got be my favorite of them all. And of course, I also love #6 - the Predator!

Great photos! I love your work!

Guess #9 is a bit too messy eh? ;p and thanks for the thumbsup! =)

These are very nice. The only one issue is that there are some halo effect on the images, I guess it is due to image resize.

Btw, thanks for sharing the technique. Will need to try these one day. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.