Smoking areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for years...inconsiderate smokers have irritated other patrons by sitting and smoking within their midst.

and now, inconsiderate non-smokers are having their revenge....by irritating smokers back by sitting at smokers-designated tables? :sweat: :bsmilie:

Perhaps they should make it compulsory for all restaurants/ clubs/ shopping centres/ cinemas etc to have a smoking "room" instead of some silly designated miserable tables. If they can have those rooms in airports, I don't see why they can't have it in other facilities. Many countries are doing that. Pfft!

:p

Smoker for near 20 years, just quitted in Aug 05. Now enjoys a cigar once in a blue moon when drinking, or when going overseas. Kkakak... wifey says "quit smoking, then can buy car" so LL...

:cry:

Perhaps they should make it compulsory for all restaurants/ clubs/ shopping centres/ cinemas etc to have a smoking "room" instead of some silly designated miserable tables. If they can have those rooms in airports, I don't see why they can't have it in other facilities. Many countries are doing that. Pfft!

:p

Smoker for near 20 years, just quitted in Aug 05. Now enjoys a cigar once in a blue moon when drinking, or when going overseas. Kkakak... wifey says "quit smoking, then can buy car" so LL...

:cry:

*clap clap clap* well done.:thumbsup:

just buy it and then you will have to pick up smoking again
due to the stress of driving on spore roads

don't you know, driving brings out the :devil: in you

worst part is that there are non smokers sitting on smoking tables

Next time just stand next to them and smoke n puff away. They buay song also lan lan, smoking area mah ;p

BTW, I am a non smoker. If we want smokers to be considerate, non-smokers should also be considerate, cannot have double standards :nono:

You can't have satay without smoke. :bsmilie:

Got fire can oready, unless you want smoked satay :bsmilie:

Kkakak... For the first 6 mths when I quit, I have to ban myself from going drinking, KTV, clubbing, life is totally miserable. Miss some good times with friends. :cry:

After 6mths, urge for smoking is minimal, even when I go KTV, or sit next to friends puffing all the way, don't feel like smoking. As for the cigar, it is more for enjoyment, can live with or without it.

I gotta keep telling myself the following tho,
1. I don't want any ash in my house
2. I don't want any ash in my car
3. I'll save the ciggy money for my car and house.

:embrass:

As for the stress part, unfortunately I substituted smoking with food. You go figure the rest. :cry:

Kkakak... For the first 6 mths when I quit, I have to ban myself from going drinking, KTV, clubbing, life is totally miserable. Miss some good times with friends. :cry:

After 6mths, urge for smoking is minimal, even when I go KTV, or sit next to friends puffing all the way, don't feel like smoking. As for the cigar, it is more for enjoyment, can live with or without it.

I keep telling myself the following,

As for the stress part, unfortunately I substitute smoking with food. You go figure the rest. :cry:

Good advise....i think i also wanna try

I gotta keep telling myself the following tho,

As for the stress part, unfortunately I substituted smoking with food. You go figure the rest. :cry:

so how do smokers actually start smoking? for your case, did you smoke due to bad company, curiosity, or some other reaons?

then the revenge cont. with the smokers standing beside the smoker's table smoking away
note the word "inconsiderate". it will never work unless people start to be more considerate as a whole. :bsmilie:

so how do smokers actually start smoking? for your case, did you smoke due to bad company, curiosity, or some other reaons?

I took my first stick when I'm in pri 6. Have many friends in ext 7. :embrass:

That tiime is more for curiosity, then think it looks cool, then it's like a routine since everyone smoking, throughout whole school life, 5 yrs secondary. After O level, asked for early enlistment, working for 2.5 years in restaurant, smoke even more. During national service, can't live without ciggy, it's like the whole battalion are smokers. After NS, smoking becomes a de-stressed tool. ..

:think:

Kinda makes me wonder...

U guys will die from not smoking? :dunno:

QUIT IT!

I took my first stick when I'm in pri 6. Have many friends in ext 7. :embrass:

That tiime is more for curiosity, then think it looks cool, then it's like a routine since everyone smoking, throughout whole school life, 5 yrs secondary. After O level, asked for early enlistment, working for 2.5 years in restaurant, smoke even more. During national service, can't live without ciggy, it's like the whole battalion are smokers. After NS, smoking becomes a de-stressed tool. ..

:think:
That's strange.

90% of my BMT Platoon are smokers, during unit the entire guardroom RP all smokers.

After I tasted my first stick to wonder what's the big deal abt smoking, I made it a personal mission to sabotage all cigarettes left in the open

I simply removed the tobacco leaves in the cigarettes and use those tobacco leaves w/water as insecticide for some potted beautiful, non-edible plants growing around the guardroom area.

If I'm really feeling bored alone during the afternoon shift, I'll simply take the rolled cigarette tobacco that one RP had and substitute other Marlboros with it. Sure is funny seeing their reactions smokin' it. :bsmilie:

That's strange.

90% of my BMT Platoon are smokers, during unit the entire guardroom RP all smokers.

After I tasted my first stick to wonder what's the big deal abt smoking, I made it a personal mission to sabotage all cigarettes left in the open

I simply removed the tobacco leaves in the cigarettes and use those tobacco leaves w/water as insecticide for some potted beautiful, non-edible plants growing around the guardroom area.

If I'm really feeling bored alone during the afternoon shift, I'll simply take the rolled cigarette tobacco that one RP had and substitute other Marlboros with it. Sure is funny seeing their reactions smokin' it. :bsmilie:

You should trying to dip the ciggies (not mine lah!) in pee, dry ém and put em back in the boxes :bsmilie:

Driving's so stressful here? Its pretty leisurely, at least for me. Unless u're talking abt having a nagging passenger beside u all the time.... ;p

You should trying to dip the ciggies (not mine lah!) in pee, dry ém and put em back in the boxes :bsmilie:
Nope. Din do that due to the following:
- The paper used in cigarettes are relatively thin and water (much less urine) destroys 'em.
- The urea in urine smells pretty heavy and even if I somehow manage not to destroy the paper and dried out, the smell is a dead giveaway.
- The paper's super absorbent, which means that the pee will not only be soaked up by the paper but it will affect the filter (the area where the smoker puts it in his mouth) as well and not to mention the smell would instantly alert the smoker.

Generally, at least 80% of the smokers I'd encountered tap their boxes and take out the 1st cigarette which is located on the corner of the opening flap.

For those ciggie saboteurs, this is one thing u might wanna take note of. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.