SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Feb 4, 2012
New York, USA
"An eagerly awaited review of a new lens that's been generating a lot of buzz. We take an in-depth look at one of only six in the world currently. Long and short of it is - it's GOOD. For half the cost of the Noctilux, how does it compare? We'll answer that question and more."

Enjoy, ClubSNAP! :)

"An eagerly awaited review of a new lens that's been generating a lot of buzz. We take an in-depth look at one of only six in the world currently. Long and short of it is - it's GOOD. For half the cost of the Noctilux, how does it compare? We'll answer that question and more."

Enjoy, ClubSNAP! :)

It looks like a exact ripoff of the noctilux design. Any chance of chiif bringing this in?

There are a lot of differences, but yes - side-by-side they're pretty much the same thing spec-wise. I don't think Chiif can unless SLR Magic goes through distributors - right now it seems it's direct, pre-order only ($4,288).

Truth be told, my favorite is the Summilux. A little over a stop slower but much smaller and lighter - and the IQ is phenomenal from wide open.

Truth be told, my favorite is the Summilux. A little over a stop slower but much smaller and lighter - and the IQ is phenomenal from wide open.

Everyone wants one...