Sitex 2004 - Candid shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
LifeWorld said:
You have done well in capturing natural expression. Particularly like the couples 'exploring' looks; only it's noisy! And the three kids playing (xbox?), especially the middle one's expression in contrast with the other one's. The middle one must be losing the battle right? Sending this one for competition?

Oh the Sony girl is lovely. And they sure know how to get attention to their brand name!!!

Dislike the large and noisy pics. Any reason for posting such large pics?

I came home with headache, blur blur...but really wanted to share those photos with the snappers here....so just bear with the headache and "embosed" my signature and copyright stuffs, then upload and went to sleep...

That's the big, big mistake that I made....now that I resized them all, even when I look at them, especially without the headache now, I also feel more shiok... :sweatsm:

JimDavis said:
I came home with headache, blur blur...but really wanted to share those photos with the snappers here....so just bear with the headache and "embosed" my signature and copyright stuffs, then upload and went to sleep...

That's the big, big mistake that I made....now that I resized them all, even when I look at them, especially without the headache now, I also feel more shiok... :sweatsm:

Wow, size does matter!
Small is beautiful............. :heart:

JimDavis said:
Took your advice to resize the photos, works. ;)

I was using ISO100, but not sure why still noisy....could it be my Hoya Star-8?? :dunno:
EXIF of your photos told me they were at ISO200.
Would you please check to confirm again? :confused:

ZinY said:
EXIF of your photos told me they were at ISO200.
Would you please check to confirm again? :confused:

Seems like you are right. But I remember that I set it to ISO100 leh...hmmmm...anyway, ZinY, you are right that it is set at ISO200...

But, even with ISO200 on FZ10K, it should not be that noisy under this type of condition where it is not extremely low light right? :dunno:

JimDavis said:
Sitex2004-07.jpg

Where to get this ex-boss cap huh? I like it leh!

LifeWorld said:
Where to get this ex-boss cap huh? I like it leh!

I think they got it when they joint the game competition. :dunno:

thanks for resizing the photos smaller. here's my comments...

essentially, these are just touch & go photos, i doubt you would want to aim too long at a person, in case the person suddenly jumps out at you and goes OEI! YOU POSTING MY PHOTO ON CLUBSNAP AH???!? :bsmilie: for myself, i wouldn't do that either, that's the most probable reason for lack of using flash (i believe it's a deliberate move)

also, do try to learn to crop your photos. not always you have to have a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio. you can have a square photo, or wiiiiiiiide photo or taaaaaall photos to emphasise stuff, just like the xpan does - which is a massive challenge, i must say.

good try, but dont upload stuff when you're about to conk off. sleep is important, i learnt it the hard way today... :p

not very sharp and noisy, probably because its indoors and the lighting and limited iso

sehsuan said:
thanks for resizing the photos smaller. here's my comments...

essentially, these are just touch & go photos, i doubt you would want to aim too long at a person, in case the person suddenly jumps out at you and goes OEI! YOU POSTING MY PHOTO ON CLUBSNAP AH???!? :bsmilie: for myself, i wouldn't do that either, that's the most probable reason for lack of using flash (i believe it's a deliberate move)

also, do try to learn to crop your photos. not always you have to have a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio. you can have a square photo, or wiiiiiiiide photo or taaaaaall photos to emphasise stuff, just like the xpan does - which is a massive challenge, i must say.

good try, but dont upload stuff when you're about to conk off. sleep is important, i learnt it the hard way today... :p

Yup, you are right that they are touch and go photos....it is rather difficult to shot candid shots, taking into consideration, the risks that we took....what if someone's boyfriend or husband came towards me and give me a good punch? :sweat:

I have to admit that I am still learning, still a long way to go...I am also trying hard to pick up on PS, but seems that it is not so easy as to what I see a lot of people that are doing...think I need a book to pick it up instead of trying an error...what do you think?? :dunno:

Coolsmurf said:
not very sharp and noisy, probably because its indoors and the lighting and limited iso

I am suspecting due to 2 things:

1. My mistake to set ISO to 200.
2. The star-8 filter that may cause it to loose its sharpness.

I will try indoor shots again when I have opportunity, and try different combinations, to see what will be the effect turn out to be.

Really appreciate all your comments...

If there are anymore comment and suggestion, please, please, post it here so that all of us can learn together. :)

Haha... I'm the boy playing the gameboy... :D Not! I'm not in any of the pics lah... :)

Anyway, the pics are A LOT nicer now.... Shows that size isn't everything huh? ;) Now at least the pics arn't jumping at my face...

Well... As for comments, I think that the fz20's iso 200 is quite acceptable at room lighting. Here's a shot of my room I took. Straight from the camera. No PP.

Room.jpg

Sooo.... It's possible to be the filter. With my limited knowledge, it's best to not use any filter if possible. Someone ever told me to use the filter only when I really need it and when I want to get some kind of effect from the filter. Otherwise, stick with just the original...

2 cts 2 cts...

sehsuan said:
why use a star-8 indoors?

not implying you can't, but i would like to know why :)

Just to try out, no special reason though. ;)

Remember, I am still relatively new, trying out is the only way that I can put theory into practice, right? ;p

nova_nebula said:
oh yah, the last shot, some old looking at young chics? ...hah haha just kidding. They are my age. They're not old.

Nope..they were looking at Mr John Cosgrove (Photoi editor) giving a talk on photography and photoshop skills.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.