Singapore My Home Photography Competition - Prizes worth over $10,000!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just went through all 110 pages of entries

looks like some people are emptying their hdd of pictures there

I agree... It took me only 2-3 pages to realise that. They should have set submission limits.

Because of a line stating that the more you sent, the higher chance of you winning the lucky draw. Duhz. So many submissions by a single person.

I have yet to submit any though. :bsmilie:

i cant submit photos either.

i have registesed...and can log in..however when i click submit photos...it will just bring me back to the register page.

tried with chrom firefox, explorer

zzz

these ppl who upload those photo are just trying their luck with the lucky draw ..

is a waste of time viewing all the photos.. even a photo of a whale's tail is submitted ..

haha but i don't think they have a chance for the grand prizes at all. pity the judges who have to sift through all the "lucky draw photos" :bigeyes:

I'm looking forward to this :)

the judges will have a great time choosing the winner.

Actually this may also mean that there aren't many photos vying for the grand prizes right now... :think:

I really pity the judges of this competition, they have to go thru all those photos :sweat:

I can see some biased judging here:nono:. Some photos at the "Editorial Pick of The Week" doesn't even reflect he theme Come Together but still they got selected. C'mon judges there are better photos out there, please take your time to have a look.:think:

I can see some biased judging here:nono:. Some photos at the "Editorial Pick of The Week" doesn't even reflect he theme Come Together but still they got selected. C'mon judges there are better photos out there, please take your time to have a look.:think:

Could you be more specific about that biased judging?

Could you be more specific about that biased judging?

Some pictures at the Editorial Pick have poor IQ (looks like taken by a cellphone), some captions are non relevant to the theme, other pictures did not follow the guidelines (no PP except for levels and saturation adjustment, min 6MP, etc).
Looks like these are pictures taken by the judges relatives.:bsmilie:

Some pictures at the Editorial Pick have poor IQ (looks like taken by a cellphone), some captions are non relevant to the theme, other pictures did not follow the guidelines (no PP except for levels and saturation adjustment, min 6MP, etc).
Looks like these are pictures taken by the judges relatives.:bsmilie:

Bro, my sentiments go with you, but the judges decision are final.
I believe they will select the finalist from the editorial picks. The one who gets the most number of viewers vote will win the prizes.

Bro, my sentiments go with you, but the judges decision are final.
I believe they will select the finalist from the editorial picks. The one who gets the most number of viewers vote will win the prizes.

Guys, these are very strong and serious accusations here... It's always good to keep these comments private unless you're absolutely sure that "biased judging" is going on, and that the Editor's Picks photos are "taken by the judges relatives". Remember, the legal sphere extends to the cyberworld.

I personally know the organisers and I've clarified with them that:

1. There is NO biased judging as claimed by lichtleiter. judging is based solely on the following: adherence to theme, composition, and creativity. The judges have nothing to do with the Editor's Picks, and vice-versa.

2. The winners WILL NOT be chosen from the Editor's Picks. This function is administered by the organising ppl to show some photos which they feel fit the theme. It is completely independent from the judging panel, and has no bearing on the winning entries whatsoever.

3. After the competition closes, the judging panel will sift through ALL the photos to decide the winner. This will take up to a week. They WILL NOT bring up the Editor's Picks function and select winners from there.

4. There is no public voting in this competition.

Hope this answers your doubts guys :)

To stonecow, I apologise to what I've said. Thanks for clarifying

Hey, no prob. Thanks for airing your thoughts - it helps the organisers improve the contest. Just be careful not to make libelous statements ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.