Singapore Exercises Option for Additional F-15SGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont believe whats stated in the media. The numbers dont usually tally. Its about healthy politics.

However, we do have an excellent team managing & operating a few fleet of fighter jets. More powerful jets like the f18 wont be necessary - imho - as this is only a tiny island to dash. I believe skill may be more important plus a good ground-to-air defence operation to guard the jetters.

good pilots are very important, imagine bobo shooters.. just like photography, one must know how to use his equipement well.

lol! I watched NGC's documentary about the evolution of the machine gun. From the early Gatling gun to the tommy gun to M16 and the GAU Avenger. These GAU Avenger's round is 29cm long according to them :bigeyes: and 1 amour piercing round can take out a tank. 1 normal round can destroy a soft skin target. :sweat:
Imagine if one stray shot hits a human. :bigeyes:

Aiyoh,
why all so gian for new toys? Its your tax money leh........

24 Eagles, 62 Falcons, 45 Tigers (at least according to Wikipedia).

I think what are really short of are dedicated Bombers, stealth recon & stealth bombers instead of Multi-role fighters.
Shld take out the Skyhawks completely and replace it with a dedicated Long Ranged Recon Stealth Bomber based overseas.

Of cos, having like another 20 Apaches or like 10 Thunderbolts in place of commissioning another 3 or 4 Infantry Battalions would be good too.
1 Apache/Thunderbolt have an equivalent firepower of almost a full Infantry Battalion. Woot. :thumbsup:

No more skyhawks and hunters already.

We have also the a multi-rockets launcher that when explode release cluster bombs..

Not too sure the name of the rocket launcher!

No more skyhawks and hunters already.

We have also the a multi-rockets launcher that when explode release cluster bombs..

Not too sure the name of the rocket launcher!

Skyhawks are still around as part of the AJT programme in Cazaux, France.

The rocket system is the M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (Himars). It's not yet in service.

So all will be stationed in paya lebar ?
:cool:
Wah noisy liao.

Don't think all will be stationed in Spore. Maybe half of it and likely to be stationed in tengah.

Isn't the E2C hawkeye going to be replaced as well?

Don't think all will be stationed in Spore. Maybe half of it and likely to be stationed in tengah.

Isn't the E2C hawkeye going to be replaced as well?

The 4 E2Cs are being replaced by 4 Gulfstream 550s (G550-AEW).

Isn't the F15 gonna be replaced by the Raptor in the US?

I would use the word supplemented - F22 are never going to replace the F15 at a 1:1 ratio and the difference is going to be filled in part by SLEP F15s and by the F35.

Status
Not open for further replies.