Simple things

Nice! I like this. Can share how u take this

Hi jtsky, thanks for the visit. This was a fairly simple setup.

Firstly, you will need a clear plastic or glass where the droplets will be placed. The droplets are not exactly water as water droplets evaporate rather quickly and do not hold the shape as nicely. I used glycerin here and they do not evaporate as quickly giving you more time before you have to change them out.

I wanted to show the idea of time travel so I used this book. Place the object you want the reflection of below the plastic sheet. How high to go depends on the size of the object as well as the size of your droplets. I chose to place a few droplets first so that I can view the reflection in the droplets as I adjust the height of the setup. Remember that in droplets, what you see is opposite and hence up is down and left is right.

There were no need for any strobes or flashlights. I used window light.

Using an colourful/interesting "backdrop" will add more colours to your droplets as well.

Have Fun !

Hi jtsky, thanks for the visit. This was a fairly simple setup.

Firstly, you will need a clear plastic or glass where the droplets will be placed. The droplets are not exactly water as water droplets evaporate rather quickly and do not hold the shape as nicely. I used glycerin here and they do not evaporate as quickly giving you more time before you have to change them out.

I wanted to show the idea of time travel so I used this book. Place the object you want the reflection of below the plastic sheet. How high to go depends on the size of the object as well as the size of your droplets. I chose to place a few droplets first so that I can view the reflection in the droplets as I adjust the height of the setup. Remember that in droplets, what you see is opposite and hence up is down and left is right.

There were no need for any strobes or flashlights. I used window light.

Using an colourful/interesting "backdrop" will add more colours to your droplets as well.

Have Fun !

Wow! creative idea and quite a bit of work! Thanks for sharing it with me.

love the colors !