Sigma announces 35mm f/1.4 DG, 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC OS, 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS lenses

Sounds like even SIGMA has difficulties telling the difference....
They keep doing things like this.

Hope its without the old coating.
Maybe that's the only difference.

All i can see is they are trying to rebrand it with slight improvement in terms of design, spec, and weight.

If the 35mm performs anything like my 85mm 1.4, then I for one will definitely grab this.

Could be a good pano lens for landscapes as well.

I'm eagerly waiting for the 35mm, hope it will be affordable.

The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM will be available in Japan from 30 November for Canon mount. Price is 123,900 yen (with tax). For comparison sake, Sigma's 85mm f/1.4 is listed as 99,015 yen while Canon's 35mm f/1.4L is 205,000 yen. Not sure how that translates to local price and when it will reach Singapore shores.

Source: Digicameinfo

Chrissp said:
The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM will be available in Japan from 30 November for Canon mount. Price is 123,900 yen (with tax). For comparison sake, Sigma's 85mm f/1.4 is listed as 99,015 yen while Canon's 35mm f/1.4L is 205,000 yen. Not sure how that translates to local price and when it will reach Singapore shores.

Source: Digicameinfo

Cost more than the 85mm! Might as well get the 35L.

Sigma Singapore just had a news release of the 35mm f/1.4 on their Facebook page as well.

I try to be hopeful, although recent trends suggests otherwise...

That's about S$1.1-1.2k. Sigma is getting from not bad to good.

If they can bring on a FF foveon next year. IMO, they will be the next big thing.

Is it out in SG?

not yet, official photo samples are out not too long ago

images have been impressive so far, taken with sd1 :)

Japan is selling 99800 YEN.

BBB virus - check
Cash ready in wallet - check
Gf pulling ears - check

Anyone knows if this is out in hk?

I'm not really a prime person but somehow I am kinda tempted to give this a go on my 5D3... totally not good for my bank account's health though :(

Sigma is looking up...!

the 35mm has shown to be truly impressive. it is a must get for the price!