Sigma 18-35 1.8! (crop sensor though...)

A equivalent of 27-52.5mm = a range of 15mm?? What brand is your calculator? :bsmilie:

lol, unfortunately I don't have one. Maybe I should buy one or read my own message next time, swap the 1 for a 2. ;) A range of 25mm starting at 27mm doesn't cut it for me. I doubt many people will buy the lens in the end regardless of the hype now, it won't be cheap anyway.

Last edited:
Sigma is on a roll now. Range wise not super useful for crop sensors, but if it delivers superb IQ (e.g. triumphs the 17-55mm f2.8) then we would have a potential top seller like the 35mm f1.4

in what price will you consider this one guys? is it worth it if it comes in 2k, 3k dollar range? i will take it if it is in 1k dollar range :bsmilie:

wah sigma really aggressive this time round.... if this lens is another solid performance in their ARTS stable of lenses then all those 17-50/55 F2.8 sales going to be seriously affected...

if only it was for FF cameras....
Pyvcq.gif
:bheart:

even it is APS-C, there is nothing like 18-35mm f1.8 in the market. the Art series , alike 35mm f1.4, and 30mm f1.4, i believe it will deliver same level of standard in terms of quality

lol, unfortunately I don't have one. Maybe I should buy one or read my own message next time, swap the 1 for a 2. ;) A range of 25mm starting at 27mm doesn't cut it for me. I doubt many people will buy the lens in the end regardless of the hype now, it won't be cheap anyway.

No worries, was just pretty tickled :D

I am quite excited about this though, because it does cover prime focal lengths that I own/use - 24mm (almost), 35mm, 50mm... unfortunately its aps-c for now. :(

wow wow.... can use on FX at 35mm with min vig

was thinking of getting 28mm & 50mm primes for my FF cam earlier.

granted... this lens is designed for cropped frame sensors but wonder if i should consider this (27-52mm at 1.5x) & kill 2 birds with one stone instead?

I was wishing for a 15-85 range for crop~

Just posted: Our Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM preview samples gallery
4 June 2013 Tuesday | 18:50:00 GMT

We've been lucky enough to get our hands on an early pre-production sample of one of the most anticipated lenses of the year, the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM, and bring you a gallery of full-resolution sample images shot with it. This lens is the fastest zoom ever made for SLRs and, in principle, should provide the depth-of-field control and low-light image quality on an APS-C DSLR that you'd get using an F2.8 zoom on 35mm full-frame. We've shot a samples gallery including a variety of subjects, using a range of apertures, focal lengths and subject distances, to try to give an initial flavor of how the lens performs. Note, though: this sample of the lens may not be fully representative of the image quality you'll get from the production version.

What's it worth?

We'll be adding more images and some first impressions to the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM preview we've already written in the coming days. But, in the meantime, how much would you be willing to pay for a lens that gave your APS-C DSLR the ability to compete directly with a 28-50mm F2.8 on a full-frame camera? Let us know in the comments.

Just posted: Our Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM preview samples gallery: Digital Photography Review

Hopefully priced around sgd8×× then it would be value for money. Constant fast zoom for crop :)

this one is coming in very soon, and it is going to be priced 8XX