Show us your Pentax - Season I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing my new collections!

4558646375_053e4dda92_m.jpg

4558653885_75c23fc27f_m.jpg

4559279930_1d2fe3ab0b_m.jpg

Wow! K7 Silver.
You must be the 2nd to have in Singapore.
How much you paid?:)
Can join the May outing to show off our twins.:bsmilie:

Yes, I think so. I ordered it before it was officially launched and my friend couldn't send it to me much earlier as she is outstation. I am also an expat, I cannot come back to Singapore only till last weekend. I paid for JPY116900 and GST about S$100. I still don't get my battery yet as EMS can't shipped together with the battery.

I probably can't joined you guys for the outing, but now you know you are not alone.;) I am still outstation and probably not able to come back. However, will definitely meet up with you to share our joy on the K7 Silver Limited.
BTW, did you try to update the lastest firmware?

Yes, I think so. I ordered it before it was officially launched and my friend couldn't send it to me much earlier as she is outstation. I am also an expat, I cannot come back to Singapore only till last weekend. I paid for JPY116900 and GST about S$100. I still don't get my battery yet as EMS can't shipped together with the battery.

I probably can't joined you guys for the outing, but now you know you are not alone.;) I am still outstation and probably not able to come back. However, will definitely meet up with you to share our joy on the K7 Silver Limited.
BTW, did you try to update the lastest firmware?

I paid about the same price as yours.
My friend in Japan ordered for me and instructed the shop to delivered the set fully packed to the shipping company. From there, it was shipped by EMS with battery included.
Alternatively, you can buy the 3rd party in SG and it's has good review. You can check this forum under Pentax.
The K7 came with latest firmware and not I know of if there is now newer version. Will check soon.

I paid about the same price as yours.
My friend in Japan ordered for me and instructed the shop to delivered the set fully packed to the shipping company. From there, it was shipped by EMS with battery included.
Alternatively, you can buy the 3rd party in SG and it's has good review. You can check this forum under Pentax.
The K7 came with latest firmware and not I know of if there is now newer version. Will check soon.

Thanks! Ben, my friend is typical Japanese, always follow by the rules. Anyway, is not an important issue. Yes, I have been following this forum for sometime and I did read the review. Bought the DIV third party batteries for used already when I was back last weekend. How could I wait any longer?;)
There is a recent firmware update on the K7 and Kx and probably all others old pentax dslr.
I believe, they may have rectify something which affects all camera models. As I new to dslr and also my K7, not to sure I should update it. Will probably wait a while till I am more familiar with it. Do let me know what's the improvement if you happened to update it.

Thank You and Have a Nice day!

4564540653_b414b55b77.jpg

sharing my collections

There is a recent firmware update on the K7 and Kx and probably all others old pentax dslr.
I believe, they may have rectify something which affects all camera models. As I new to dslr and also my K7, not to sure I should update it. Will probably wait a while till I am more familiar with it. Do let me know what's the improvement if you happened to update it.
Thank You and Have a Nice day!

Pentax support stated current version 1.3 for K7 & K2D.

You mean K-7 firmware v1.03? You can read the firmware update website to see if you think the changes are going to make any difference to you: http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-7_s.html Since you have at least one FA limited lens, you might want to try the new lens correction feature for FA limited lenses in the new firmware. ;)

You mean K-7 firmware v1.03? You can read the firmware update website to see if you think the changes are going to make any difference to you: http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-7_s.html Since you have at least one FA limited lens, you might want to try the new lens correction feature for FA limited lenses in the new firmware. ;)

Pentax support stated current version 1.3 for K7 & K2D.

Thanks! Will check it out.

"大黑" 和 "小白"
Pentax KX white with 18-55 kit lens... just gotten it today...
4570687225_2e729d99c3.jpg

"大黑" 和 "小白"

And what's the camera beside your K-x?Looks like its from the dark side:devil:

Why all the recent photos posted so small one?
Want to show off your Pentax, don't do a disservice by posting such tiny photos. :thumbsd:
Also take off those bloody lens caps...

And what's the camera beside your K-x?Looks like its from the dark side:devil:

yup... from the darkside

It's a NIKON :devil::devil:

Can still see the red line at the grip kekekeke . . .:angel:

yah... nikon...

Why all the recent photos posted so small one?
Want to show off your Pentax, don't do a disservice by posting such tiny photos. :thumbsd:
Also take off those bloody lens caps...

oppss... sorry about it... not my camera actually also though i partially own it... i will take off the lens cap next time... cheers...

Last edited:
"大黑" 和 "小白"

So the dark side has found its Light. :bsmilie:

When wanna go streets? Itchy hand wanna follow u lei. Pentax outing i follow u can? wanna see how u do it. hahaha. Wanna learn.

So the dark side has found its Light. :bsmilie:

When wanna go streets? Itchy hand wanna follow u lei. Pentax outing i follow u can? wanna see how u do it. hahaha. Wanna learn.

I'm still in the darkside as a Sith Lord for the moment... Lol
I only own 23% of the camera... But I must really say that kx is a really neat camera for entry level use... Was playing with it last night and I must say the controls and ergonomics is much better than the canon dslr I played with before... The menu is also easy to use... Plus got digital filters and video mode.... All at such a affordable price... Kudos to Pentax for this great camera...

Erm... I really dun have much u can learn from... Me still amateur... Depends also on the outing whether got interesting stuff to shoot or not... Usually I just shoot myself with occasional friends coming along... Of cos u are free to join if u are interested...

Last edited:
K7JP6248.JPG

Its only a display piece nowadays as well as a 'toy' once my daughter gets her hands on it (which is the case in this picture)

K7JP6248.JPG

Its only a display piece nowadays as well as a 'toy' once my daughter gets her hands on it (which is the case in this picture)
The bokeh is nice. Let me guess - FA43?

Status
Not open for further replies.