should i buy D60/450d please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you use your eyes to do the focusing. When did human eyes becomes so damn accurate ? Somemore the resolution you get from that small little viewfinder is not large enough ! :bsmilie:

I'm quite sure you have the small little dot at the side of the viewfinder showing up when your subject is in focus right ? Use that as an indicator please. What happens with non AF-S lens on camera before D80 is just no built in motor to drive the lens, it's not that there is no focusing mechanism at all. Use your arm power, drive the lens to autofocus and your eyes watch on where your are focusing and also take note of the indicator becomes steady to show it's in focus.

Disclaimer: That indicator is just an approximation, but it is still better than using your naked eyes for precision.

The thing is... I'm using Canon 40D. =/

I believe most cameras would not have it as a function in MF mode. In AF i agree, but in MF i dun think any camera has that. Took my friends D40 to try out, same as 40D no circle to indicate that its in focus in MF.

You mean Canon 40D has no such indicator on the viewfinder ? I'm not a Canon user, so I'm not sure.

There are focus points in 40D. I think you mis-understood me. I am talking about MF. In AF, yes, the indicator will light in red, and there will also be a small circle lighting up once the subject is in focus.

In MF, 40D does not show any indication whether the subject is in focus. Thus, i don't really use MF as my eyes are not that "zhun" to see if the subject is in focus from the small viewfinder. =)

There are focus points in 40D. I think you mis-understood me. I am talking about MF. In AF, yes, the indicator will light in red, and there will also be a small circle lighting up once the subject is in focus.

In MF, 40D does not show any indication whether the subject is in focus. Thus, i don't really use MF as my eyes are not that "zhun" to see if the subject is in focus from the small viewfinder. =)

Erm... sucky huh :) If that's the case, then don't bother MF unless u wanna do alot of guessing game. Invest in a EF-S lens instead, if I'm not mistaken (EF-S are equivalent of AF-S) right ? :)

Even if you eyes are as "zhun" as the AF mechanism, you might remember the light route from the lens to the AF sensor is different path to the viewfinder and also different path to the sensor. I'm not sure if these are accurate enough that when u see it super sharp on the view finder, will it be sharp on the sensor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.