[ Shopping ] - Price of E-PL1

so is confirm export or local set?

i'm able to register for the additional 3 mths warranty, so i reckon it's a local set. Anyway, will big local companies sell export sets to consumers, i really doubt so.

haha, quite true :)

yep those big shop like Best, Harvey, Courts and Challenger wont be selling export... anyways like other folks said Olympus has international warranty so nothing to worry ;)

It's disappointing for MS to 'cheat' customers this way... Challenger is not some random camera shops, what makes them say others are selling export sets? If it's random shops out there, maybe it's some grey sets or need to bundle with other things. The RRP is $988 (IIRC), saw the sticker on the box, just that they are having promotion. If I hear this BS from any shop, I'll just walk out. Can't give the price then just say, no need to 'cheat'.

The 3 months extended warranty is for registering online, even if buy the proclaimed local set in MS, it's 12 months if register by mail. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont thk MS 'cheat'. Maybe HN, BD or Challenger etc buy in bulk or in certain colors. Maybe there is a set difference other than warrantry that we dont know about or camera shops gets non general mass market which we dont care. Anyway, I am a willing buyer paying low low end of sgd9xx and i go back. We all know price doesnt mean everything. Everyone needs to earn something to survive.

i think what PCHMJ meant is MS color cheat by giving wrong info to customer

from my opion, its not wrong to give RRP price for camera e.g 998 for EPL1, however its a big wrong to lie to customer just to grab sales.

I don't think ms wants to cheat, at least not Florence, dealt with her several times,straight fwd, can't say same for other staff . I've encountered one guy from bns trying to sell ep2 when first launched.was cheaper by 150 from rrp. When i probed he say it was export set,but in the thread he say it's a gift from friend.now that's cheating. Somemore he say if need receipt must pay gst...

ya, quite true, that will always be a black sheep in a place, espcially the reputable 1, blame the sales person, not the store

ya, quite true, that will always be a black sheep in a place, espcially the reputable 1, blame the sales person, not the store

It just take one rotten tomato to spoil the rest of the basket :angry:

It's disappointing for MS to 'cheat' customers this way... Challenger is not some random camera shops, what makes them say others are selling export sets? If it's random shops out there, maybe it's some grey sets or need to bundle with other things. The RRP is $988 (IIRC), saw the sticker on the box, just that they are having promotion. If I hear this BS from any shop, I'll just walk out. Can't give the price then just say, no need to 'cheat'.

The 3 months extended warranty is for registering online, even if buy the proclaimed local set in MS, it's 12 months if register by mail. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The only one who ever told me that all the other shops in the building were selling export sets, and that theirs is the only original Singapore one, is a salesman at Harvey Norman Funan. I guess he thought I was a tourist ...

tell him go fly kite =.=

The only one who ever told me that all the other shops in the building were selling export sets, and that theirs is the only original Singapore one, is a salesman at Harvey Norman Funan. I guess he thought I was a tourist ...

hehe thats good way to get a sale:angry:

Hey Guys,

Just a question. As I am in Japan now, is 1,150 SGD for an E-PL1 Dual kit lens set cheap?

TIA!

Hey Guys,

Just a question. As I am in Japan now, is 1,150 SGD for an E-PL1 Dual kit lens set cheap?

TIA!

its almost the same price here... I think you can get further discount for tax rebate in japan check it out :)

Hey Guys,

TIA!

quite cheap, as long as you manage to evade paying singapore GST when you come back it shouldn't be a problem :)

however 1150 is cash or credit card? if it is credit card, try bagaining for cas payment :)

Anymore good deals on E-pl1 to share?

read the previous pages for more info :)

the $850 deal doesn't comes with camera bag rite..how much is a decent camera bag for the E-PL1?

the $850 deal doesn't comes with camera bag rite..how much is a decent camera bag for the E-PL1?

I think it only comes with standard kit package and free 1 x 8GB SD card