Sharing my research on ::DRY CABINETS.::

anyone know where can get a good reasonable price cabinet ??

Dry cabinet prices are almost the same everywhere.Cheapest(Digi-Cabi 30L)is Parisilk(Holland Village) at $105 while some places like Orient Photo is $108:)

hello,
Just got my 550d.. would like to invest in a dry cabinet. Anyone has an updated price list for the dry cabinets currently on the market?

Thanks..:)

Hi to all,

I have just purchased an Akarui Dry Cabinet from Cathay recently....it was delivered over the weekend and as instructed by the delivery guy, it was on for half a day to achieve the balance humidity level before I place my cameras in.

When I was shopping for this dry cabinet, I was told that the cabinet will auto power-cut when the humidity is within the appropriate range. But the dry cabinet has been on for 2 days and I can still see the red power light on, so is it right to see the light? Or what should I be expecting? The analog hygrometer is showing below 50 which is the Medium range that was set.

Please advise me, thanks.

hello,
Just got my 550d.. would like to invest in a dry cabinet. Anyone has an updated price list for the dry cabinets currently on the market?

Thanks..:)

I believe it isn't that hard to call or email shops for a quote right?

Im looking to get a dry cabinet too, but would like to find out if there is much advantage in getting a digital against analogue one? Personal experience in using a digital one and analogue one. Its about 50% - 80% more when getting a digital one?

Read previous post that RH can be setup in a lesser time period and automatic shutoff value for digital, but is it worth the investment as compared to an analogue one?

It would be good to save the money for lens and other stuff if possible.

Last edited:
Was with a friend shopping for a dry cabinet few months back, finally got him to settle for a digital Aipo, about 60+ litre I think. I said to him digital is more responsive to sensor since it is all electronics and I don't think the brand matters much, why think so much since it was under 300 bucks, it can easily last for a few years. Now he wants to bring another one to Vietnam next week.

My experience with AD-100: It took 3 hours to get into the target RH range and another 3 days to fine tune. Since then I haven't touched the knob anymore (now >1 year). It simply works. As verification I use the hygrometer provided in the dry box (came free with the AD-100 delivery). They don't show exactly the same reading but both are in the target range. That's it.

Hi, I just got an Aipo 48EX, but it took me really long time to get to the desired setting 45% RH with nothing inside. My first time trying to stabilize it .. to get to 45% it took me overnight.. about 12 hours.. to get nearly there.

And now it's hovering 45% and 46% every 5 minutes... all the time ..

is this normal ?

Sounds normal to me.
give it abit more time, 1 - 2 days more to stable?
Also, a +/- % is not much significance.

If you really wanna be very very sure, maybe u may wanna borrow an external meter to measure the reading?

I think maybe the meter could be accurate... what bothers me is the time it takes to get to the set RH... it just takes too long.

I think maybe the meter could be accurate... what bothers me is the time it takes to get to the set RH... it just takes too long.

For some units this is normal. The ambient humidity may have been high that day to start with. If it works now, then let it be. No need to sweat the small stuff.

Hi all...
I just got an Aipo 48EX too...
I just throw all my camera stuff in excluding batteries and all while using it the first time...
is it fine? O_O

For those who has bought the DHC Digi Cabi.may i know that the digital indicator is it battery operated?

For those who has bought the DHC Digi Cabi.may i know that the digital indicator is it battery operated?
The Digi Cabi 30-litre model uses a single AAA battery for the digital meter.

I use an 80-Litre model and the digital meter taps the power from same power supply unit that powers the cabinet.

Hi azman

your is AD or DHC?

Hi

May i know DHC has how many shelf?why you choose DHC and not AD?how much you pay?where do you buy from?I also want to buy but dont know AD or DHC is better? Thanka

Hi Xiaoguaiguai,

Here is the link to the supplier of Digi Cabi cabinets in Singapore.
You may want to call them up and ask about the price of the different models.
The price includes delivery.

http://www.digihub.com.sg/index.aspx

As to which is better; DHC or AD, I personally do not know.
I bought the DHC type because I wanted a horizontal design (wide and short) and the design I requested for only comes in a DHC type.

Perhaps you could try find out your answers from the 1st post on Page 1 of this topic.
FILMNOIR has wrote down a very detailed piece of writing on dry cabinets.

Does the Aipo 48EX come with plastics or metal tray? with LED lights?