Sharing A Few Butterflies Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice shot! may I know the kind of lens you used?

This is perfect butterflies gallery, I like it so much ! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing

is this a local species?

Cmajoremas.jpg

Terry ,

It is, you might have missed this article We now officially record the existence of the Gray Tinsel as a re-discovery and add it to the Singapore Checklist as species #295

Cheers!

Bluesteel said:
Hi rye,

The majority of the butterfly shooter from ButterflyCircle use the Tamron 180 mm Macros lens.

Cheers!

Thanks for all that info! If I may ask... What are the specific reasons why most of you choose it over the other ones of this range?

Last edited:
Thanks for all that info! If I may ask... What are the specific reasons why most of you choose it over the other ones of this range?

The lens is very sharp even at wide open of F/3.5, the bokeh this lens renders is much better than the Canon 180 macro, the built quality . And at half the price of the Canon 180m, it is value for $$$.

Here is one of the many reviews/test written on the lens.

Cheers!

Odina hieroglyphica ortina ( Hieroglyphic Flat )

1DMK3----9646---27_01_2011-2.jpg

Cheers!

Drupadia ravindra moorei

6822384913_af80342351_b.jpg

Delias hyparete metarete (Painted Jezebel)

6843651769_02087f6292_b.jpg

The Malay Dartlet (Oriens paragola)

IMG_7210a.jpg

:cheers:

Loxura atymnus fuconius ( Yamfly )

Sunny-Chir---EOS-1D-Mark-III--19_02_2012--1807--Copy3.jpg

Cheers!

All of us use Fill-flash ( 2nd Curtain flash ) to being out the finer details of the butterfly.

I am a Canon user and personally I do not use diffuser . The metering of the Canon is fairy accurate in this aspect and the return of the pre-flash of the cannon system would have further refined the fill-flash require for the main subject...... it works well!

Cheers!

Thanks Bluesteel. For 2nd curtain flash, does this mean you use tripod?

There's no need to use tripod for 2nd curtain flash, seldom we have the luxury of using a tripod in shooting butterfly. Almost all of us hand hold our shots.

This small article might be of help ...Stalking and Shooting Butterflies

Cheers!

There's no need to use tripod for 2nd curtain flash, seldom we have the luxury of using a tripod in shooting butterfly. Almost all of us hand hold our shots.

This small article might be of help ...Stalking and Shooting Butterflies

Cheers!

Thanks for the sharing. I am wondering if the flash will hurt the eyes of the butterfly, any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.