Shamsul... U did Spore proud..

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup....it's on today's papers...

Straits Times Interactive said:
SINGAPORE referee Shamsul Maidin, according to soccernet.com, leads the top-rated referees for the World Cup.

He will feature in his fourth game of the tournament, this time as the fourth official in today's Germany v Sweden second-round game.

After supervising the games between Sweden and Trinidad and Tobago, Angola and Mexico, and Poland and Costa Rica, he will be supporting Brazilian referee Carlos Simon from the sidelines.

He is also expected to control the technical area and assist with substitutions.

At least he goes to the World Cup before our target GOAL 2010. I think if we can sign 10 Togo players, we will meet our target.

If Fandi Ahmad would have sign for Ajax in the 80s Singapore would probably in the world cup by now. I think Fandi Ahmad still feels regret that he did not sign for Ajax after the dutch club offered him. If you notice all the world cup teams have at least 1 player played for a europe club although its in the lower division.

Wai said:
u mean the referee got tackle by one of the player and the referee fell to the ground?

yes u are right, the ball was in his path and he got tackled...

Wai said:
and the player got a yellow card for tackling the referee?

Another player from the other team was also rushing towards the ball, thus the T&T player just throw himself and slide down in a bid to get the ball but the referee is just too sway to be so near the ball & in the process the referee was tackled down.

nono..the referee dint give the players yellow card.

kcuf2 said:
Another player from the other team was also rushing towards the ball, thus the T&T player just throw himself and slide down in a bid to get the ball but the referee is just too sway to be so near the ball & in the process the referee was tackled down.

nono..the referee dint give the players yellow card.

is that the day when there's a red card too, first match huh?....

LimPeh08 said:
At least he goes to the World Cup before our target GOAL 2010. I think if we can sign 10 Togo players, we will meet our target.

bring these pple in might only deprive their skill due to lack of competition....

he should make the cut for the quarter finals.

my bet is that he should do well enough to go even further. :sweat:

LazerLordz said:
he should make the cut for the quarter finals.

my bet is that he should do well enough to go even further. :sweat:

mmmm......maybe singaporepools can offer odds......"How far will Shamsul go"

funny that tiger woods was used as an anology because we do have our own golf champion in Mardan Mamat. First sporean to win a golf european tour event. and yes, the nation was proud of him even though he is "representing himself".

i am proud of what Shamsul has achieved by far. given that the job he's doing is making split second decisions (juz ask the russian ref in por vs hol). and i do agree he's representing FIFA as well as SGP. whether it's a team or individual event, it's inevitable that you are representing your country. in case of Shamsul, at the end of his tour of duty, he will not win the world cup or medals cos he's the referee wat.... so will dat make sporeans not proud of him if he comes back empty handed? oh well, if you ask me, i dun think so... i think he's already flying our flag high enuff for us to be proud. kudos...

mudsalleh said:
funny that tiger woods was used as an anology because we do have our own golf champion in Mardan Mamat. First sporean to win a golf european tour event. and yes, the nation was proud of him even though he is "representing himself".

i am proud of what Shamsul has achieved by far. given that the job he's doing is making split second decisions (juz ask the russian ref in por vs hol). and i do agree he's representing FIFA as well as SGP. whether it's a team or individual event, it's inevitable that you are representing your country. in case of Shamsul, at the end of his tour of duty, he will not win the world cup or medals cos he's the referee wat.... so will dat make sporeans not proud of him if he comes back empty handed? oh well, if you ask me, i dun think so... i think he's already flying our flag high enuff for us to be proud. kudos...

That's very well said. It's not about the medals, but the feel-good factor that he brings to us when he performs well, as did Mardan when he won the EPGA event.

LazerLordz said:
That's very well said. It's not about the medals, but the feel-good factor that he brings to us when he performs well, as did Mardan when he won the EPGA event.

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

mudsalleh said:
funny that tiger woods was used as an anology because we do have our own golf champion in Mardan Mamat.

Because the thread starter is Tiger-in-the-woods.....still trying to find his ball. :bsmilie:

Shamsul till now seem to impress FIFA a lot and I think he might get a game more. Be it as the main ref or 4th official.

English ref Graham Poll going to get the red card I think. :think: Shamsul should move to England and work in the EPL. More $$$ to be made?

Now Sept Blatter blamed the refs for so many red and yellow cards. Not too clever as its he and FIFA told their refs to come down hard on rough play and diving. :rolleyes:

After watching so many controvesial decisions by ref the last 3 days.. wah leow.. including the linesmen decision on Adriano's goal (so clear cut he was offside).. I feel to we need to do a "Tiger time" where 4 guys will come onto the field to stretcher off the ref!

+evenstar said:
read today's ST.."No clear candidate for Cup-final official"

shamsul was not mentioned..

I find this funny too...

even thru he top Soccernet list..

Status
Not open for further replies.