September Pentaxian Outing - MacRitchie Trails - Please Share Your Photos Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone took nice shots^^ Must had a great time^^

I think snakes with triangular heads are poisonous right? Any snake experts here?

Not expert, but I believe that's a pit viper (Wagler's I think). The other green one should be a whip snake (Oriental I think).

the snake looks poisonous, don't be too brave la:thumbsup:

Snakes

Think most of us got this snake .....

Went very close. No crop for this.

After a while, the snaked turned to Desmond who was taking the snake with me after the main party had moved on. Looked like it coiled up and getting ready for an attack if we got any closer.

Think we got away cos the snake was probably thinking our lens was our eye...such a big eye monster. If it is true we would have been attacked if we had used a compact.

I think snakes with triangular heads are poisonous right? Any snake experts here?

Bro, I'm not kidding, It is an ADULT viper. You DON'T want to be bitten by this, you will probably DIE if not treated in time.

Bro, I'm not kidding, It is an ADULT viper. You DON'T want to be bitten by this, you will probably DIE if not treated in time.

:bigeyes::bigeyes:
Wow! Close encounters of the worst kind!
EDIT: 2 weeks ago, a 10ft full grown cobra was found in my garden in India. Luckily it was entangled in some netting and could not extricate itself. Enough time for my parents to summon the local wild life authorities and have the critter carted away without killing it.:sweat:

Last edited:
My share of the outing:

Ray of Life
_IGP2886%20copy.jpg

Ready to take off
_IGP2753%20copy.jpg

_IGP2760%20copy.jpg

DF
_IGP2780%20copy.jpg

mini spider on desmond's DA lens, taken by brother fengwei
IMGP3561.jpg

That's one discerning spider. It has excellent taste in optics and knows fine photographic equipment when it sees it.:bsmilie:

Eye gonna blow!
_IGP2789%20copy.jpg

Of all the macros I see on this thread, I like this one best in terms of flash/ISO technique^^ I dunno why, but taking shots of dragonfly or demselfly tends to reflect how well you control ur light environment^^ Too harsh the color of the body/head goes off, too soft u may not have the shadow cast maybe there. These are just my personal opinion.

Of all the macros I see on this thread, I like this one best in terms of flash/ISO technique^^ I dunno why, but taking shots of dragonfly or demselfly tends to reflect how well you control ur light environment^^ Too harsh the color of the body/head goes off, too soft u may not have the shadow cast maybe there. These are just my personal opinion.

shifu thanks for sharing..think i got this by chance cos I think the other few guys can identify..we are totally shack out already...so i just aim and fire...haha

Wah...better not let my wife know. else she will ban me from going out with you guys in the future...cos I told her most people also shot the snake...

extracted from the Singapore snake blog.
Although this species is venomous, it is not known to bite people (Lim & Lee, 1989) and its bite is seldom deadly (Lim & Lee, 1989; Lim & Lim, 1992).

http://singaporesnakes.blogspot.com/2006/11/waglers-pit-viper-tropidolaemus.html

nice pics from all of you.

recognize some ppl from the group photo.

Equatorer, you looks much more mature than I thought. :bsmilie:

The snake, wow :sweat:

shifu thanks for sharing..think i got this by chance cos I think the other few guys can identify..we are totally shack out already...so i just aim and fire...haha

Not shifu lah >.< Anyway some best shots came when one is not thinking too much:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.