sellers' alert 81682435

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, 3 months is only for cam body as far as I know.

The case is that he has no right to make my HP public. If I've already damaged his lens (which I think I didn't), why didn't he ask me to pay for it? Why didn't he say no when I asked him to touch the lens 2nd time?

Of course each party has his side of the story. I've dealt with quite a number of people here on CS, have met bad and great buyers/sellers. If this seller got problem with me, why didn't he try to settle right away? He was afraid that he would kill me in the process? Oh, come on, I'm not one that anybody can kill that easy. We're all adults, ok, so before jumping straight into a fight as the very first thing when having conflicts, is there any better things we can do?

No.... 3mths extra is also for Lenses.... :nono:

Nope, 3 months is only for cam body as far as I know.

The case is that he has no right to make my HP public. If I've already damaged his lens (which I think I didn't), why didn't he ask me to pay for it? Why didn't he say no when I asked him to touch the lens 2nd time?

Of course each party has his side of the story. I've dealt with quite a number of people here on CS, have met bad and great buyers/sellers. If this seller got problem with me, why didn't he try to settle right away? He was afraid that he would kill me in the process? Oh, come on, I'm not one that anybody can kill that easy. We're all adults, ok, so before jumping straight into a fight as the very first thing when having conflicts, is there any better things we can do?

ok then. Wouldn't be surprised if both is asked to go offline. Hope you guys can cool off and settle it amicably.

oh good, the other guy is here.

can i ask why you giggled?

I do not know that registering online got 3 more months of warranty for lenses. However, without a receipt how you can register? He did mention that he will send me a soft copy, but why should I believe him?

oh good, the other guy is here.

can i ask why you giggled?

No.... 3mths extra is also for Lenses.... :nono:

Why you know that I giggled? I do not recall that I did that. Maybe it's just my habit when saying no to an offer, no offence intended.

I do not know that registering online got 3 more months of warranty for lenses. However, without a receipt how you can register? He did mention that he will send me a soft copy, but why should I believe him?

Only need serial number and warranty reg number.

I think for this case having heard both sides of the story, I am inclined towards the seller, major factor is... buyer shouldn't have touched the element at all. Anyone can say sorry after the fact but still... it's not right to ever do that with something not yours.

I do notice alot of disputes especially in B&S, there is a lot of discretion... lowballers asking too low, but to them the sellers is asking too much and on the other hand the sellers... I have seen items listed as 10/10 or mint and the picture or the item shows at best 8/10.

Never ending lah... but there are certain things both buyers and sellers should observed right? like never drop the item, no touching the elements etc..etc.. Basic common courtesy.

../azul123

Additional 3 months warranty applies when it has been registered online, applies for all Canon Singapore camera bodies or lenses.

This should be a lesson to the buyer you shouldn't touch the elements with your finger unless you have already paid for it. In future bring your own dust blower or bright torch light to inspect the lens. It is your responsibility as you are the buyer.

i rushed to pioneer mrt after work, in fairness, he came there to meet me on time... checked the lens (after sooo long), then asked me "this one, fungus ha?":bigeyes: i was shocked, coz the lens is just 3mos old, still under warranty, and i would NEVER sell any DAMAGED more so, FUNGUS infested lens!

I know what is fungus, used to have infected lenses previously. What I saw is a stain with some legs on the front element. You may not know it, 'cos you have a filter on.

i still kept my calm and told him to see it under a good light(there's a brightly lit bakery in front of us) he said, it's ok, he can see it good! then, put on the lens hood and started shaking and turning it like it is the focus ring!

then asked me "why like that ha? shaking!" i told him it's not the focusing ring and it's normal, if he want the hood to not move a bit, he can get the screw in type (am still smiling), he just looked at me and said, he's not buying it because there is fungus! then giggled after saying it!;(

Oh come on, be a man, this is rubbish! You think you got the right to regard every one as newbie? The hood wobbles excessively as a matter of facts. And if you're not aware, I do have/used to have cheap lenses like your 55-200mm with hoods that are firm when mounted on (no, not the screw-in type), e.g., 70-300mm G, 35mm f1.8. Maybe I'm just particular, but I do have the right when you claimed it's a MINT one?

Additional 3 months warranty applies when it has been registered online, applies for all Canon Singapore camera bodies or lenses.

This should be a lesson to the buyer you shouldn't touch the elements with your finger unless you have already paid for it. In future bring your own dust blower or bright torch light to inspect the lens. It is your responsibility as you are the buyer.

Thanks for the info, but this is a Nikon 55-200mm VR.

Yup, I've learnt my lesson. I've mentioned above, if I have caused any damage to his lens, then I'm willing to get it from him again at his place.

I know what is fungus, used to have infected lenses previously. What I saw is a stain with some legs on the front element. You may not know it, 'cos you have a filter on.

Oh come on, be a man, this is rubbish! You think you got the right to regard every one as newbie? The hood wobbles excessively as a matter of facts. And if you're not aware, I do have/used to have cheap lenses like your 55-200mm with hoods that are firm when mounted on (no, not the screw-in type), e.g., 70-300mm G, 35mm f1.8. Maybe I'm just particular, but I do have the right when you claimed it's a MINT one?

hi bro... since u have knowledge of wat is fungus, u should have know using hand or finger doesn't allow you to clear the fungus away right?.. even if you wanted to check or prove it is fungus... u also shouldn't use ur finger to poke or touch it... this is really a bad call frm u... :nono:

if u are really not satisfy w the len, u can just tell the seller "sorry for taking ur time, but i prefer not to buy ur len, thank u and bye". there always other chances for u to buy the len u wanted frm another seller in B & S.. so what are u trying to prove by doing all those action?? :think: ......

Dude, i don't have to say much anymore... let the CS community here be the judge, i presented the facts, and thats it. i didn't force you to buy or anything, i parted ways with you calmly... and to me, that's it, am just sharing my experience in dealing with you.

i wish many more good deals for you in time to come... :)

and for CS bros and sis, i just want to let you know that a gentleman bought the (cheap lens, as he was saying) 55-200mm vr today, and if it is a fungus in the front element, we could always see a complain about it here... right?

the gentleman inspected the lens, he is fine with it, he is knowledgeable enough to know that he can register it online, and he can get 3 more mos. of extra warranty, we parted ways nicely with an agreement that if he would need the actual reciept i would email a copy to him. (i bought the lens together with my D5000 kit set, hence it's under one reciept.)

again, thank you all for your concern and for simply reading this thread.

Last edited:
Moderator's note: I've seen an increasing numbers of threads in KPT from either buyers or sellers trying to be little the other party due to personal dispute, with act including but not limited to publishing the person's name, nick, and/or contact number in the public forum. Please be reminded that all personal disputes shall be settled privately between yourselves. Trying to garner support in the forum to support your fight is mob mentality and is disallowed in the forum.

This thread is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.