Sell my bike to get a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yanyewkay said:
sounds crazy? I'm seriously thinking about it.. a bit overkill do you all think?

The question is about utility. Which will you use more, and thus "add" more to your life? If selling your bike makes it very inconvenient for you, then theres no point.

Anyway, i was never "happy" after getting a DSLR, even though my pics improved by at least 500%. Thats because you see all the overly "pro" people at fred miranda and realise it will take you like 10 years to reach their standard..... :cry:

Oh yeah, if you ever do get a DSLR, dont believe what the marketing people tell you regarding MP cos IF you want to double linear resolution (what really helps you) it means a minimum of 4x increase in pixels :bsmilie:. Thus "upgrading" from a 6MP to a 8MP camera has negligible advantage. Upgrading from a 6MP to 16 will be advantageous though. :lovegrin:

You are talking the language of a 1Ds MarkII.... ;)

Frm 20D to 1Ds Mark II.... 8 to 16MP. :bsmilie:

i think its ok to go back to public transportation in singapore.

... unless you cannot stand irregular bus timings, mrt breakdowns, squeezing with ppl who have terrible odour in buses and some rough driving

Kho King said:
sounds CRAZY to me...
Its not crazy if he's got overwhelming passion for photography.

But if he juz wanna add a few Ls to his collection to look nice, den forget it. :bsmilie: DAT'S really CRAZY.

But between public transport, private transport and photography, I'll choose photography anytime since someone else is doing THE DRIVING for u and u've got 2 eyes, 2 hands & ur brain's free. :)

Well... in singapore it's not crazy... public transport is as good as private... In m'sia I'll call you crazy dude... it's like chopping your legs off... :bsmilie:

Bike Vs Public = Time safed Vs Time wasted = $$ safed Vs $$ wasted.

In the long run, you not only safe Money, but also time with a bike.
One way is to test is to try maybe park your bike a go public for 1 or 2 weeks, see if you can endure the time lost for waiting for bus, time wasted for waiting for MRT, and the tiredness of squeezing in bus and standing all the way in MRT. :bsmilie:

The bike will bring you to many places to take photos (what ever the camera) while the DSLR will take pictures of everyday stuff, I say keep the bike and save for a dslr, it will only get cheaper and better. And when you finally saved enough money for a dslr you will still have your bike to bring you to all kinds of places and at any time you want.

yanyewkay said:
sounds crazy? I'm seriously thinking about it.. a bit overkill do you all think?

hee hee..... actually to think of it, both the bike and DSLR costs money to maintain..... one gives you tangible benefits like sending you from one place to another.... while the other gives you, i would say, more of the intangible benefits, like your feeling of achievement when you see your own photos....

the DSLR will bring tangible benefits only if you do it professionally.... and earn $$$$ out of it....

anyway, your pics are very nice liao..... question is: do you need the DSLR....

if you sell your bike, then no bike....
if you dun sell your bike now, then no DSLR, but you still have your current camera right ?

why not, like some have mentioned, keep your bike and at the same time, try and save up for a DSLR ???

you will curse the day you sell your bike and buy a DSLR when you are trying to catch a sunrise at thecorners of singapore, or trying to get to some extreme places to shoot.... hee hee.... i guess you will be cursing... :p
cause it is not easy to adapt to public transport once you have your own bike or car.....

why not try going one week without your bike.... and see if you need it that badly..... and try one week without your current camera, and see if you feel any pain :bsmilie: .....

then you should know what to do liao.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.