Seeking Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA wun hit 1.4K for dip.. that's about the same lame excuse that the low paying companies are still using during the economic crisis. The market is now better and $1.6 is probably a fair amount to look at. From a salary guide that I have. Engineering Assistant, Diploma, 0-2 yrs experience, Assisting associate engineers in all aspects. min $1700 max $1900.

EA wun hit 1.4K for dip.. that's about the same lame excuse that the low paying companies are still using during the economic crisis. The market is now better and $1.6 is probably a fair amount to look at. From a salary guide that I have. Engineering Assistant, Diploma, 0-2 yrs experience, Assisting associate engineers in all aspects. min $1700 max $1900.

thank you very much. u gave me back some confidence! :) at least now i know im worth slightly more :p

btw, im also considering a project coordinator job... but i have no idea on the jobscope...
issit planning things?

planning will be done by the project engineer. you are the one to make sure it gets done. basically you have the honour to chase colleagues/vendors/customers to keep to schedule and make sure things gets done. A good job if you got good PR skills, able to know vendors and customers and expand your network.. makes hopping easier :bsmilie: and you get lots of lobang too.

I think it depends on which industry you goes to and which company. From what i know, a fresh dip can fetch from 1.5K to 1.7K. If you are lucky, some company pays 1.8K.

If you can tahan hardship, join semi-con as a EA and with OT pay you can take home about 2k plus (Yes, take home). But it is real tough and you won't have time for yourself, not to mention photography.

I think they are just ripping you off at 1.4K, ignore those small peanuts company that claims fresh grad asking 1.7K is over the top. If they can't afford to pay a local at 1.7K, ask them look for those foreign talent. My previous colleague was paid 1.6K as a fresh grad.

My advise for u, look at the nature and prospect of the job. If there is market for specialized ppl in this field which enables u to job hop easily. Do think about it, even if it pays low.

planning will be done by the project engineer. you are the one to make sure it gets done. basically you have the honour to chase colleagues/vendors/customers to keep to schedule and make sure things gets done. A good job if you got good PR skills, able to know vendors and customers and expand your network.. makes hopping easier :bsmilie: and you get lots of lobang too.

sounds like a good job for ppl who has good PR skills! unfortunately, im not good at talking nor PR :cry:

I think it depends on which industry you goes to and which company. From what i know, a fresh dip can fetch from 1.5K to 1.7K. If you are lucky, some company pays 1.8K.

If you can tahan hardship, join semi-con as a EA and with OT pay you can take home about 2k plus (Yes, take home). But it is real tough and you won't have time for yourself, not to mention photography.

I think they are just ripping you off at 1.4K, ignore those small peanuts company that claims fresh grad asking 1.7K is over the top. If they can't afford to pay a local at 1.7K, ask them look for those foreign talent. My previous colleague was paid 1.6K as a fresh grad.

My advise for u, look at the nature and prospect of the job. If there is market for specialized ppl in this field which enables u to job hop easily. Do think about it, even if it pays low.

Gee, market rates for Diploma holders seem to be stagant for many years already. When I first started work at a semi-con manufacturing plant (back-end), my pay was about 1.4K rising to 1.6K upon confirmation. That was 6 years ago!:sweat:

No matter what, TS, just work hard, be humble and learn as much as possible. Your value will rise in time! Good Luck!

thank you very much for the advise. i also feel that below 1.5k, its really a little bit too low :(
so what u meant is... if it is not difficult to get job, take up this (low-pay) job and work for a few months-1 year, then find another job?

Gee, market rates for Diploma holders seem to be stagant for many years already. When I first started work at a semi-con manufacturing plant (back-end), my pay was about 1.4K rising to 1.6K upon confirmation. That was 6 years ago!:sweat:

No matter what, TS, just work hard, be humble and learn as much as possible. Your value will rise in time! Good Luck!

thank you for ur encouragement! work hard, humble and learn, i will :)
im just not good at talking and selling myself in interviews :(

Status
Not open for further replies.