SEED on 21 May 2003, Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by FOOXX
maybe u can try joining the photoshootz organized by any CS memberz 1zt ..... noe some pple thro the photoshoot .....

then slowly u will noe more n more pple by going to more photoshootz n alzo going to SEED .....

taking attendance ..... ?? ..... hmmmm ...... no need to be that formal lah ..... hehehehehe ..... ;)

:D

hehe not really to the idea of formal lah...
but some sort of ice breaker kind of effect

Originally posted by Poledra
*cough*

Lucky that girl never come today ah....
Maybe her next target for Econs TYS would be... *cough*

She'll probably bring clothes next time.... ;p :embrass:

By the way... What's the definition of 'fritty'?

huh ? sorry was reading until i blur ... don't know what u talking about what TYS = ??

anyway ... was there today ... but ha ... didn't go to the food court to look for all of u all =P

shy mah ;)

was inside cathay photo looking at stuffs hee

Lucky that girl never come today ah....
Maybe her next target for Econs TYS would be... *cough*

She'll probably bring clothes next time.... ;p :embrass:

By the way... What's the definition of 'fritty'?
i wonder who's the target... :angel:

and what do you think it means, fritty girl? :D

Originally posted by dennislim
huh ? sorry was reading until i blur ... don't know what u talking about what TYS = ??

anyway ... was there today ... but ha ... didn't go to the food court to look for all of u all =P

shy mah ;)

was inside cathay photo looking at stuffs hee

TYS = Ten Year Series

the bible for all N-Level, O-Level and A-Level students.

Anyone noticed that there is an "NTU" table at SEED?

Originally posted by mervlam
Anyone noticed that there is an "NTU" table at SEED?

Eh?
There was one from 5.30pm to 6.30pm..... then we left.....
Maybe there is another one after we left.....

I managed to see Viewfinder though.....

hahha maybe should put up a sign board that says: newbie and first time to seed so that all the newbies can gather. ( and then all the liao jiaos can go and offer to buy them kopi or bcm).

seriously think that thats not a bad idea( not the foc food part!) coz u newbie then come alone then of course while cs pple very firendly, but they all talking in circles already so hard to just barge in and say hi i'm newbie.. rite? so at least all can sit togther and getto know each other better than apporoach some of the older members. haha maybe the old regulars and usuals like adam/bluestrike/larry etc who keep encouraging newbie to go go go.. can come over to the table and be OO (orientation officer, the kind they have in army when u are a recruit!)

of course i do agree that the onus should be on the newbies to be thick skin and try but not everyone got thick skin to approach pple and best part is we dun even know who is who!

my personal experience yesterday was that approached darren for a t shirt and he was very nice and friendly and even took me up to CP to ask abt my lens.. and i asked some qns but after that.. was very lost liao, dunno where to go coz everywhere was established circles and i understand that old friends need to catch up and definitely moe comfy with each other but that kinds of leave the newbies out. pls dun mistake that i'm complaining of cliques..i dun mean that, i can fully understand that its quite silly and unreasonable to expect everyone to just go there and sit in one big circle. sure the senior members want to chat withtheir friends too and the whole idea of SEED is not for them to make newbies feel welcome. its just an observation i made and just providing feedback from a newbies pt of view. no offence to anyone.

just my 2 cents worth....

Originally posted by dehuis
maybe the old regulars and usuals like adam/bluestrike/larry etc who keep encouraging newbie to go go go.. can come over to the table and be OO (orientation officer, the kind they have in army when u are a recruit!)
/me take out shield and shoot arrow @ Bluestrike. :devil:

dehuis, you do bring out a good point. i try my best to get newbies to come (and look for me if they blur) but from the response of many here, seems like many are too shy to come and look for the big bugger in specs (aka. me). but! the signboard is not really a good idea - we did discuss this once, long long ago. Peninsula Food Court is still a public place and if we start putting up signs, the stall-owner might start taking more notice and the management might chase us out. as it is, we do take up a lot of space. imagine if we start putting up signs, like one for newbies, another for MOs, then another for NTU (kidding kidding!!!). also, legally speaking, it's a 'illegal gathering' of sorts.

so.... what we need is a not-too-conspicuous way to signal to newbies, and yet not be blatant enough for people to complain. any suggestions? :D

maybe can designate a couple of "not so new newbie" and give their contact no. to the other newbies?? then they can gather at one/two tables
Originally posted by Larry
/me take out shield and shoot arrow @ Bluestrike. :devil:

dehuis, you do bring out a good point. i try my best to get newbies to come (and look for me if they blur) but from the response of many here, seems like many are too shy to come and look for the big bugger in specs (aka. me). but! the signboard is not really a good idea - we did discuss this once, long long ago. Peninsula Food Court is still a public place and if we start putting up signs, the stall-owner might start taking more notice and the management might chase us out. as it is, we do take up a lot of space. imagine if we start putting up signs, like one for newbies, another for MOs, then another for NTU (kidding kidding!!!). also, legally speaking, it's a 'illegal gathering' of sorts.

so.... what we need is a not-too-conspicuous way to signal to newbies, and yet not be blatant enough for people to complain. any suggestions? :D

i am a newbie myself lah...

here's what i felt...

luckily i knew some people, and i'm the thickskin sort, so i could like, mix around easier lah...

but nonetheless, here's what i think...

1. newbies ARE newbies.... and they did post their newbie status upon stating their attendance for the SEED...
2. i understand SEEDs are usually initiated by mods or old "birds"... and obviously they are there to catch up with one another, buy their respective stuff and all.
3. the intention of SEED and as its name implies, is for BUYING stuff. Mass Orders. and discussion of EQ.

so.

SEEDS are for buying stuff. For me, i went to get my batteries(thanks to eastgear again) and i was treated to a session of manual cameras explanation(self repeat to self>>cannot buy cannot buy)...

to the moderators, and no offence intended please, i fear offending any of you....

maybe we should have a newbie introduction day? maybe like a NID, so as to intro old and new people alike.

look, ClubSnap is quite established as a forum already, and the member population is stretching too..and if we have a good social network, i'm sure a lot of members will stay up-to-date with the forums and the outings...

look at the 21st May SEED, i heard a lot of "old" guys saying that this SEED was quite big and like there are over 30+ people...and furthermore, i heard that there were lots of "noobs" around...

to the mods>>doncha think there's a lot of noobs interested to get more involved? instead of trying to intro them at SEED, why not set aside a day for noobs to intro themselves, and learn from older members? maybe assign a older member per team of noob/according to camera kind/according to photo subject, and give advice as we take pictures n stuff...

let's keep SEED strictly for buying stuff then, cuz then instead of trying to intro noobs then, noobs can be taught what n what-not to buy!

aaaa bit long winded..but i really do think it'll be great for a NID...haha..

Remind me not to go near you..............

hahaha ..... linkster ..... fazter run ..... fazter run .....

:D

To dehuis and Eggs'n'ham,

Points noted - we are always on the lookout to improve.

But its misleading to equate SEED to buying as the term was coined long ago, but the concept of SEED has evolved to sort of encompass a gathering with some sort of discussion and buying. Not just focused on buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.