SEED on 16 June 2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am really looking forward to meeting y'all and challenging you with the many questions that I have. I have never bought photo equipment in Sing b4 and with a shopping list of several thousand $, I really need some expert advice.

I arrived in Singapore on the weekend for a three month stay with family. I run a photographic business at my university in England. My business is expanding and we need to buy several cameras, lenses, & accessories at once. As it is a student run business the prices must be very low. I thought the best idea was to ask each of the biggest stores for their most competitive prices. Who do you think I should ask? I have prepared a letter to submit to each store, if your curious please find it attached. Do you think this is a good idea? What would you do if you had to buy ALOT of equipment!?

Just to clarify I am wondering:
  • Which are the cheapest stored in Sing for placing large orders?
  • Is it a good idea to make them compete against each other so that I get the lowest price?
  • What would you do if you had to buy all this equipment?
  • Is there anything I haven't thought of!?
  • Would you like to add anything to my order so that it may be cheaper to you!?

Hope this is food for thought. Can't wait to hear your replies and meet you later this evening.

Thanks for your help, Owen.

ps. I shall be wearing a green hat, grey t-shirt. How do i recognise you!?

Hmm.. after the experience today, I guess we do need a sign.
Like as big as the Nikon bag I was carrying today... (wrong choice of bags...)

You guys think it's illegal to put up big signs disguised as paper bags on tables?
I've noticed that bright blue and yellow really stands out in a normal food court scene... Any opinions?

Wasn't able to make it today, so sorry, but I managed to rush dwn to Cathay Photo to get myself a crumpler stamp claimer just before they closed (730pm)....late by 1 hr, so paiseh to go look for u guys :embrass:

*edit* sorry double post *edit*

Thanks to all! I was so pleased by the good advice I got last night! I look forward to the next time I can meet you all.

Poledra said:
Hmm.. after the experience today, I guess we do need a sign.
Like as big as the Nikon bag I was carrying today... (wrong choice of bags...)

You guys think it's illegal to put up big signs disguised as paper bags on tables?
I've noticed that bright blue and yellow really stands out in a normal food court scene... Any opinions?

Can.... you design lah.. and you bring the paper bag everytime lor.. then you be the official mascot.. opps.. it's spokesperson for SEED. :devil:

Not a bad idea...

shall we veto to having Poledra design/make/bring/mascot..opps.. official spokesperson for SEED from this SEED on? :bsmilie:

hehe.. veto means to vote against leh. U sure u mean veto or vote?

Anywayz, looking forward to joining in for SEED activities. Wasn't available for 16 .

Hi,
I'm a newbie in CS just join 3 months ago...Just a Qn
how often is the SEED thing? When will be the next SEED gathering?
Usually what u all do there? can bring along gf? haha

rainman said:
Hi,
I'm a newbie in CS just join 3 months ago...Just a Qn
how often is the SEED thing? When will be the next SEED gathering?
Usually what u all do there? can bring along gf? haha

every alternate wednezdayz ..... :) .....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.