second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

I saw a rollei there once. Got a little excited, picked it up and turn it around to look at the lens. Then realized there is no glass in the lens. Someone taped a piece of orange cellophane where the front glass element used to be. :eek:

OT: Den it would be serve as a good props for shoot. :bsmilie:

1000D is not such a BAD camera, but I'm not sure if $550 is such a good price, considering the Canon promo that was mentioned.

But I think buying a DSLR on such a tight budget is kinda worrying. There are tons of other stuff to get. If budget so tight my advice is to wait first whilst saving up.

I saw a rollei there once. Got a little excited, picked it up and turn it around to look at the lens. Then realized there is no glass in the lens. Someone taped a piece of orange cellophane where the front glass element used to be. :eek:
I picked up an old Contax (though about using it with my Contax Zeiss lenses). Outside looked quite ok but then I opened and saw the greyish / white fur where usually the film is (or was..)
It's really a showcase of equipment spoiled beyond repair. Wonder why these sellers drag around the equipment every day or weekend ..