SCAMMER ALERT - bryanzephe is a SCAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Apr 12, 2010
Dear Bros & Sistas,

Caught a scammer today and want to alert everyone not to fall for his stupid attempts. He poses as a seller in BnS and tried to make me deposit into his Citibank Checking Account to secure the deal. The deal is too good to be true. $750 for 50D body with batt grip shutter count below 1K. Here's his advert

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733750

Found it fishy that he is willing to deal at such a low price and wanted him to gimme his hp number as an alternate means to contact him. He refused and i googled his email and found out he is blacklisted and banned in VR Zone. Pls beware of him. I've reported him to Ortega and and Nightwolf, hopefully something can be done to nab this guy.

Here's my exchange with him.

Originally Posted by Silas
Hi Bryan,
Saw your ad and i'm interested in your camera without the lens. Care to deal at $700 for the body alone?
Do contact me at xxxxxxxx if you care to deal.
regards,
Silas

Bryan: Hi Silas
I am currently at the airport now flying for a holiday and will only be back on mid august. I never realise my post got me so many emails and pm.. haha.. if you are really interested, i can do it for you at 750 my best. camera is in excellent condition.

Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes i can wait till mid-august and will appreciate if you can keep this deal at $750 for me. Hope you can throw in the battery grip along with the body if possible.
Do contact me when you're back.
Silas

Bryan:
Hi Silas, I cannot keep for u at this moment as there are many buyers whom are interested and willing to place a deposit or full payment. I do accept paypal or bank deposits. if you are really interested, please make the payment so i can reserve for you. I am a genuine seller here.

Yes, I can transfer a $100 deposit first to secure the deal and pay cash when you arrive back in Singapore.
Would it be possible for you to send me your dbs/posb account details so i transfer you the deposit by 12.30pm today? Possible to sms me the a/c number.
regards,
Silas

Bryan:
I need at least $300 deposit to secure the deal, once I come back I will deal with you.

Silas:
Bryan,
I won't be able to get the $300 so quickly. I can however transfer you $200 if you are agreeable.
regards,
Silas

Bryan:
Hi Silas
Sure $200 is ok. I do not have any DBS/POSB account. I only have Citibank. I appreciate if you can deposit the $200 into my Citibank Account, just drop by to any of the Citibank Branch, use the cash depositing machine and deposit under "Checking Account". Citibank Account Number: 0485354034. Once you confirm the $200 deposit, email me so that I can take off the advertisement from clubsnap.
Cheers

Silas:
Bryan,
Will it be possible for you to drop me a SMS so I can have an alternate means to contact you. Sorry but I need to be cautious cos need to be wary of oversea scammers.
Will deposit the $200 by 5pm today. No citibank ard my area n will need to go to town after work later.
Our deal is agreed at $750 for your advertised 50D with batt grip, no lens included. $200 deposit will be credited to your Citibank checking account before 5pm today n the balance $550 will be paid in cash in mid August when we deal.
Do SMS me to confirm this, my hp is 8xxxxxxx. Thanks again!
Regards,
Silas

Bryan:
my number is not roaming status. you can email me here, I am always online.
I will furnish my details to you once you confirm your deposit.

Silas:
Sorry but you failed in your attempt to scam me. I just googled your email and found that you are a con man. Good luck to you cos i'm reporting you to the moderators in this forum.

lol, you really want to deposit 200 for that? if he gives you some prepad card number, and let you contact him, i think you will be in his success list

lol, you really want to deposit 200 for that? if he gives you some prepad card number, and let you contact him, i think you will be in his success list

I'm not dumb, this joker really thought i will put in money without any security and seeing the item...how dumb is that? I found him fishy on his first reply cos he was willing to deal at such a low price.

so u just played along with him? Btw this thread should be in kopitiam

that why i will nv deal with people doing internet banking, paypal or even fund transfer ...
i do only COD ... anyway how big is singapore haha ... i dont mind travelling to anywhere in singapore to deal :D

so u just played along with him? Btw this thread should be in kopitiam

Yes, dun u find the ad fishy at first glance? who in the right mind would sell 50D + 18-200 with grip @ $1200? I try my luck see if this guy will bite at 700 for the body and he was all too ready to deal at 750...str8 away i googled and found that he is a scammer by the name bryan lim.

darn it..this bugger bryanzephe 'almost' got me too, luckily i wont do the deal without COD..anyway, big thanks for you bro for pointing this out..

haha i usually don give my contact/email etc unless the seller or buyer confirm the sale.
Alot of pple keep saying interested this n tat but ask many question and keep cutting price then either MIA or u will get spam call/sms email from them. that why i don give detail one....like tat consider fishy

Wow, this scammer cheater is a member since 2003 ? And nobody reported him till now ? Which means he has been cheating ppl for7years:dunno::bsmilie:

How did u know all of a sudden from google that he is a con man at your last PM to him ? How come you did not realised it/checked more when you googled his deregistered account on vr zone way earlier
?

here another sale thread by him

Tags : Apple | Ipad | Apple Ipad | 16gb | 32gb | 64gb | tablets
Price : S$ 629
More Information

Hi all

I am on a business trip and will be flying back to Singapore with some Apple Ipads and Iphone4 30th August 2010.

If you are interested, please email to me ASAP so that I can make the arrangement.

Apple Ipad 16gb 3g wi-fi - US$629.00

Apple Ipad 32gb 3g wi-fi - US$729.00

Apple Ipad 64gb 3g wi-fi - US$829.00

Apple Iphone 4 (16GB) - US$599.00(Black)

Apple Iphone 4 (32GB) - US$699.00(Black)

Color White will not be available until second half of the year.

Prices are based in USD, please convert to Singapore Dollars yourself.

Payment via Paypal or direct bank accounts.

Please email to me at bryanzephe@gmail.com

I will only bring 6units back. While stock last!

lol...bryan lim...somebody got stop him in his tracks for good.

Wow, this scammer cheater is a member since 2003 ? And nobody reported him till now ? Which means he has been cheating ppl for7years:dunno::bsmilie:

How did u know all of a sudden from google that he is a con man at your last PM to him ? How come you did not realised it/checked more when you googled his deregistered account on vr zone way earlier
?

I google him when i started PM-ing him and read about his wrongdoings in VR Zone. So i wanted to get his contact number n report police.

See trueblue's post below. This can be found by googling his email.

here another sale thread by him

Tags : Apple | Ipad | Apple Ipad | 16gb | 32gb | 64gb | tablets
Price : S$ 629
More Information

Hi all

I am on a business trip and will be flying back to Singapore with some Apple Ipads and Iphone4 30th August 2010.

If you are interested, please email to me ASAP so that I can make the arrangement.

Apple Ipad 16gb 3g wi-fi - US$629.00

Apple Ipad 32gb 3g wi-fi - US$729.00

Apple Ipad 64gb 3g wi-fi - US$829.00

Apple Iphone 4 (16GB) - US$599.00(Black)

Apple Iphone 4 (32GB) - US$699.00(Black)

Color White will not be available until second half of the year.

Prices are based in USD, please convert to Singapore Dollars yourself.

Payment via Paypal or direct bank accounts.

Please email to me at bryanzephe@gmail.com

I will only bring 6units back. While stock last!

everyone wants money lah... simplest way is to juz meet up and settle, case closed

riginally Posted by bryanzephe

Originally Posted by willdoang

Originally Posted by bryanzephe

Originally Posted by bryanzephe

asking for S$1050 for the canon 50D body set(warranty card box and everything that come in it) + battery grip

Hi,

I am not able to deal for the camera at this moment, as I am currently at the airport going for a holiday and will only be back til mid august. I never realise that it will take seconds for you guys to feedback to me.. haha.

never mind not a hurry buyer, just update on my offer status, till then enjoy oyur holiday

cool, if you wanna buy, you can make payment via paypal then after i am back i will deal with you.

i don't have any paypal account and i prefer to deal directly, you take the money i take the stuff kinda thing lol

How about bank deposit? then i ask my bro to pass it to you? if not you have to wait.
sorry man.

haha, no worries, like i said before i'm not in a hurry to purchase i can wait till u return, like i said i prefer direct deal, if your bro can arrange a meet up with me some where i can COD with him
i wanna see till where this goes lol :p

someone posting a 1dsmk3 also tried to scam me. say the fella in thailand n will post down the 1ds mk3 after i pay. very cheap.... but no COD, no deal!!!! cos thats jus bull crap! hehe, anyway thanks for sharing.

scammers hunt for ppl with greed. WOW, so cheap! then ppl become greedy n buy.... I phone so cheap! buy! then kena con... jus beware guys.

Hi silas,

We read through your thread and all his WTS threads on ClubSNAP, and unfortunately there is no concrete evidence that he is a scammer. we had also read through some of his postings on vr-zone and 88 db, and the conclusion is the same. Hope you can understand, but unless there are more concrete evidence on ClubSNAP that proves that he is indeed a scammer, we cannot take action against him. At this moment, he *might* be a scammer as you mentioned, or he might not. We also appreciate other members citing his WTS iPhone posts from the internet, but again we had looked at the source posts and they look normal, and further to that we cannot take action against a member because of his dealing on other places, when he had not violated any rules on ClubSNAP. We do agree with you that we need to take extra cautions with making such deals on the internet, be it with bryanzephe or anybody else. One should not perform any monetary transaction without meeting the seller or seeing the item.

Btw, he does have a phone number, as listed in this thread:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525378

Regards.

P/S: your thread is moved to Consumer's Corner which is the appropriate section for such discussions.

Hi silas,

We read through your thread and all his WTS threads on ClubSNAP, and unfortunately there is no concrete evidence that he is a scammer. we had also read through some of his postings on vr-zone and 88 db, and the conclusion is the same. Hope you can understand, but unless there are more concrete evidence on ClubSNAP that proves that he is indeed a scammer, we cannot take action against him. At this moment, he *might* be a scammer as you mentioned, or he might not. We also appreciate other members citing his WTS iPhone posts from the internet, but again we had looked at the source posts and they look normal, and further to that we cannot take action against a member because of his dealing on other places, when he had not violated any rules on ClubSNAP. We do agree with you that we need to take extra cautions with making such deals on the internet, be it with bryanzephe or anybody else. One should not perform any monetary transaction without meeting the seller or seeing the item.

Btw, he does have a phone number, as listed in this thread:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525378

Regards.

P/S: your thread is moved to Consumer's Corner which is the appropriate section for such discussions.

Ziploc,

Thanks for helping move the thread, i didn't know where else to put it.

Yes, i understand where you are coming from and acknowledge that unless the police sucessfully trial him and he is criminally proven guilty he is just a scammer wannabe for now. Also understand that he has not violated any CS regulations.

I was anxious to protect our fellow photography mates hence blasted out this thread to raise an alert against him.

I'd like to point out this thread from VR Zone which you would have already read. http://forums.vr-zone.com/traders-corner/453263-scammer-warning-bryanzephe-bryan-lim.html
here the victim had already tried to make a police report but the police had advised the victim to make a claim in the small claims tribunal. All i can say is the consistency of the police is clearly disappointing due to the fact that the victim had been misled by Bryan and transfered him the money. From all the the public education and awareness attempts which have been aired on crimewatch by the police, this clearly can be classified as a scam. Wether or not the accused is overseas or not is secondary as the primary factor lies in the act of deceiving the victim into a deal which never materialised.

The objective of highlighting this thread from vr zone is to provide fellows CS users to be extra careful of dealing with unknown parties especially where advance deposits are involved without actually meeting or seeing the product.

Thanks Mods for looking into this matter. Hope nobody gets cheated.

lol another scammer.. reminds me of my incident with justin yeo,

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718411&page=9

glad you didn't make the silly decision to transfer him the money or you would have a heck of a time getting it back

Bro,
I just spent 30 mins reading your tumultous experience with Justin. All i can say is that for all the **** u went thru, u only paid 1.6k for the 5d2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.