SAFRA marathon participant dies at end of 21km run

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that this have to happen.

Those that have participated in half or full marathon or have ran competitively will understand one thing. However fit we are and however much we prepare ourselves, somehow or other, we are able to push ourselves beyond the usual timings during training runs. Past a certain stage, the mind is in a zone that doesn't really register fatigue or pain anymore. I guess it's just a matter of "fate", if one believes in such a thing.

Oh and why run? We homo sapiens are built to run! We have evolved into our current anatomical form to facilitate running. And non-stop running for up to 24 hours or more to chase down the hunted animal. Marathons... well are just a hark back to our pre-historic forefathers way of life. Those who have studied human evolution would know what I'm talking about.

ready to strike!
ready to die!
to lead, excel and overcome

hey i went for the 12km part instead and my timing was 90 mins too, which was his 21km timing. WOW! maybe he exert too much?

anyway, can any1 show me the watch or timer they give to those who went for the competitive? i wanna see how it look like.

Can the user still use it after the run?

thanks

I don't think so, since the route had this device scanner thing, which is needed to pair up with the timer so the time can be taken. I think it can't work alone.

hey i went for the 12km part instead and my timing was 90 mins too, which was his 21km timing. WOW! maybe he exert too much?

anyway, can any1 show me the watch or timer they give to those who went for the competitive? i wanna see how it look like.

thanks

:):thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.