S2 Or S3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiamH

Oct 7, 2006
Sengkang
Dear Canon fans,

pls help. I went throught a review abt the S3IS and found that it is not to much diff fom a S2. Any reason why I should get a S3 instead of a S2. Pls advise, I'm a newbie.

S3 slightly faster and more responsive, and despite of 1Mp more pixel than S2, S3 noise is lower. ;)

S3 has slightly more functionality then the S2. Also, seems to be less noisy. The extra 1MP does not really make a difference.

it's common human nature to go for e best.. so i wld recommend e S3 as well if e budget permits. if nt, if u get e S2 and u see others usin an S3, u'll go "i shld haf gotten a S3 in the first place"..
besides, e S3 has some added feature dat e S2 doesnT haf and to a lesser extend, it's 'black'. :bsmilie:

Anyway, what is the price diff between the 2 cam?? If not much, why not get the newer model?:thumbsup:

Shucks man. my S2 just got stolen 1 week ago. thinking of getting s3 now... but looking for best price / good price + free accessories....

Any places with good offers?

Challenger actually offered me $799 (Camera, casing, 512MB SD, Cleaning Kit & Tripod)

Shucks man. my S2 just got stolen 1 week ago. thinking of getting s3 now... but looking for best price / good price + free accessories....

Any places with good offers?

Challenger actually offered me $799 (Camera, casing, 512MB SD, Cleaning Kit & Tripod)

My friend got one from MS Colour a while back, think was about $750. The freebies are actualy from Canon, not Challenger. Tripod is a small dinky one, can hardly hold the camera.

My friend got one from MS Colour a while back, think was about $750. The freebies are actualy from Canon, not Challenger. Tripod is a small dinky one, can hardly hold the camera.

So.. that means i would be able to get a better deal elsewhere? Which of the following would be the must-have accessories for a beginner?

1. Casing
2. 512MB/1GB SD Card
3. Tripod
4. Cleaning Kit
5. Dry Box?

BTW thanks for the advice...

Check out this thread, it covers almost all the stuff you need.

Thx bro, I just need to know which I should get together with my camera as a must have so my camera doesnt die on me like within the 1st year or so....

My friend told me S2 has problem reading 1GB SD card, is it true?

My friend told me S2 has problem reading 1GB SD card, is it true?

been using a 2GB card on my S2 and have no problems at all.. only annoying thing is when I record movies it automatically cuts off when it reaches 1GB..
maybe you got a faulty card?

been using a 2GB card on my S2 and have no problems at all.. only annoying thing is when I record movies it automatically cuts off when it reaches 1GB..
maybe you got a faulty card?

Its not the card. You can record a max of either 8 min or 1GB of movie at one go, whichever comes first. Think Canon just does not want to compete with its own line of vid cams.

maybe... the ability to use optical zoom during movies can probably compete with some video cams already..

Status
Not open for further replies.