S$29 Minolta Flash Meter IV... Is it worth it..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't concern with the many features. just learn to use its basic features eg. how to take readings, etc. contrast, etc can wait later.

yup.. one step at a time... thanks bro..

Last edited:
Don't hesitate.
It is definitely worth it even if the price was $92 and not $29.
In addition you may get an education in lighting, during the process of understanding how to use this precision instrument.

Don't hesitate.
It is definitely worth it even if the price was $92 and not $29.
In addition you may get an education in lighting, during the process of understanding how to use this precision instrument.

thanks bro.. im starting to learn more on lighting now since ive been doing more with strobes lately...

Yr welcome.

The IV is not the easiest meter to use, but once you get used to it, it's ok (operation wise). Have you checked the exposure calibration against a known meter or flash output?

Oh, BTW, if you're not using the 5deg viewer thingy, can you sell it to me?

Yr welcome.

The IV is not the easiest meter to use, but once you get used to it, it's ok (operation wise). Have you checked the exposure calibration against a known meter or flash output?

Oh, BTW, if you're not using the 5deg viewer thingy, can you sell it to me?

so far the meter it is giving me is ok... didnt do any adjustment or calibrated anything since i bought it..just compared its reading from my cam..
but i noticed that the circular yellow calibration thingy inside the battery compartment is set to -.2...

about the viewfinder bro.. will let you know...

Noramally what I do is test one meter against another calibrated meter, or one that is already proven to be accurate, then compare. Also, I would use a good cond Metz hammerhead set manually to counter-check. The old Mets are among the most accurate portable units around.

This is assuming proper metering techniques. ;)

CHEERS! and enjoy your new light meter!

All I can say is... Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.