RX1R II

I honestly don't like him, he is one of the most biased reviewer out there.. so i started to just checking those more reputable website.. and when the camera is out i rent it first and then see with my eyes.. Most of the time DXO DPreivew and image-resource are always on the same page and they reflect my impression once i rent it...

here is the link of the dpreview .. i think i can trust my eyes, and stop reading bloggers that uses word like "zeiss pop" or "character" and other metaphysical quality when they speak about cameras and lenese...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ima...1&x=0.014125745040476798&y=0.0239661248561011

look at the black guy on the pict for ex. that's not pretty

Damn I just saw the dpreview studio test shots.. I really wanted to buy this camera.. But the performance are very disappointing :-(.. Oh well I'll wait for the rx1r3 :)

In what ways disappointing ?

The only odd thing i noticed is huge amount of corner CA in JPEG mode, but significantly lesser in RAW mode...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=sony_dscrx1r_ii&attr13_1=fujifilm_x100t&attr13_2=leica_q116&attr13_3=sony_a7rii&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=100&attr16_1=200&attr16_2=100&attr16_3=100&attr171_1=off&attr171_2=off&attr171_3=off&attr199_0=off&normalization=full&widget=1&x=-1.1341666666666665&y=-1.1111934947223494

I honestly don't like him, he is one of the most biased reviewer out there.. so i started to just checking those more reputable website.. and when the camera is out i rent it first and then see with my eyes.. Most of the time DXO DPreivew and image-resource are always on the same page and they reflect my impression once i rent it...

here is the link of the dpreview .. i think i can trust my eyes, and stop reading bloggers that uses word like "zeiss pop" or "character" and other metaphysical quality when they speak about cameras and lenese...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ima...1&x=0.014125745040476798&y=0.0239661248561011

look at the black guy on the pict for ex. that's not pretty

Steve / Ken Rockwell are famous for making cameras sound so great to buy (then give you links to buy so they get $) So yeah, most people take it with a pinch of salt !

Last edited:
it's super blurry.. check the black guy, or the pigment tubes.. can you read what's written ? then compare it with the a7r2 or leica q.. they are both miles better..

basically the rx1r2 is good as the other 2 only in the very centre

The files from imaging resource are much better than those from dpreview, http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-rx1r-ii/sony-rx1r-iiA7.HTM

I downloaded one of the RAW files, opened in C1and it looks good.

Yes seems to be better, but still worse then the a7r2.. it's probably better because they are testing it at f8.. Dpreview test it at 5.6..
What it bothers me is that Sony is advertising this as the best combination camera lens possible, because the lens is designed and calibrated unit by unit ( that's what they actually says) when in reality is most likely to be the worse combo when u compare with the 2.8 with the 1.4 and the loxia 2.0.. I don't get it.. Just sell it for what it is.. An awesome ff body in a smallest possible package.. It will still sell and you don't loose credibility.

Yes seems to be better, but still worse then the a7r2.. it's probably better because they are testing it at f8.. Dpreview test it at 5.6..
What it bothers me is that Sony is advertising this as the best combination camera lens possible, because the lens is designed and calibrated unit by unit ( that's what they actually says) when in reality is most likely to be the worse combo when u compare with the 2.8 with the 1.4 and the loxia 2.0.. I don't get it.. Just sell it for what it is.. An awesome ff body in a smallest possible package.. It will still sell and you don't loose credibility.
So Leica Q or RX1R II? I still can't decide.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I dont believe its worst than loxia 2.0 or Fe352.8. Compared RX1 with A7 before, the lens on RX1 is clearly sharper than FE352.8.

It's worst than A7R2 in dpreview cause dpreview use FE55 for A7R2 in studio testing.

Last edited:
yep that might be (hopefully) the reason, but that means that the leica Q is unbelievebly good!.. if we assume that the rx1rII has the better perfomace on all the combo sony/35mm.. that really shows that the leica q, with a lower mpx, a faster and wider lens, is a stellar combination! if you see those shots the leica q is comparable to the a7r2 with the 55! ..

anyway i can't wait to test it:)

Local pricing confirmed at $4999. Ouch

Anyone went to the launch preview and found good reasons to buy it or good reasons not to buy it even if budget permits? Thank you.

Anyone went to the launch preview and found good reasons to buy it or good reasons not to buy it even if budget permits? Thank you.

i will buy every camera if budget permits

I was there, i have the 7rII and it pretty much the same, so no surprises about the sensor.. I didn't know that it had a leaf shutter.. That's very good, they didn't allow to put your own ad cards so I couldn't test properly.. Overall I like the camera its definitly the only FF camera that could you call compact..

Last edited:
Any reviews on the AF speed and accuracy? Pretty much as good as the A7R II? And hows the EVF?

Af seemed to be on pair with my a7rII paired with 35 2.8.. So pretty good.. Evf kind of small compared to the r2 and I found it a bit stroby.. I guess refresh rate is not the same

Af seemed to be on pair with my a7rII paired with 35 2.8.. So pretty good.. Evf kind of small compared to the r2 and I found it a bit stroby.. I guess refresh rate is not the same

Coming from the rx100m4, the rx1r2 evf is awesome. Lol.

Coming from an RX1R and a a7r2 paired with the 55mm, I actually prefer the pictures from my RX1R. Wonder what did Sony screw up for the RX1R2