[ Rumor and kopitiam ] Olympus E-5 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess will have to wait for Photokina to see if Oly will release more new stuffs. Maybe this is just a interium product. -__-''' How I wish they release that modular camera which based on concept was pretty brilliant. Maybe Panny will take over that role and make it happen with their deep pockets. :p

I am visual person you saying

this
(img)
vs this??
img

Aiyo, i think visually u need a new pair of glasses. HAHAHAHA!! Neither of them r Win98 & OS9 le. Perhaps u had a few glasses of wine too much instead? :sweat::p

they still are....busily making new art filters

U got me there. HAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFL!!

Seriously, if the French press conf leak is true, this new successor really shud juz be called E3i or MKII or Jr or something to that nature. I'm totally lost at what Oly is trying to do.... :sweat: :sweat:

http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-e-5-official/

Looks like the E-5 will be an E-3 mkII.

Now the only other thing to consider is sensor performance.

I am sure that the image quality will be a jump in performance. That is without a doubt. And hopefully the AA filter will be adjusted so that the images will be tack sharp (think E-PL1).

Surely, they're not so slow that they couldn't have pushed that out in 2009.

They are. This is the E-3 Evolution re-badged. Remember it was supposed to be out last year? We had a discussion about it then.

if the reception is quite bad, probably this will have a price drop in a few mos hehehe. maybe we'll see it go < $2k. it wont be that bad then

Price of the E-3 when launched about S$2.3-2.4k, last price was S$999. So your dream can come true. :bsmilie:

I guess will have to wait for Photokina to see if Oly will release more new stuffs. Maybe this is just a interium product. -__-''' How I wish they release that modular camera which based on concept was pretty brilliant. Maybe Panny will take over that role and make it happen with their deep pockets. :p

I hope not. It will become a glorious video camera. No thanks. Leave the stills technology to Olympus and the video technology to Panasonic.

Seriously, if the French press conf leak is true, this new successor really shud juz be called E3i or MKII or Jr or something to that nature. I'm totally lost at what Oly is trying to do.... :sweat: :sweat:

They are asking you to ditch your Canon 40D and upgrade to a 1DsMkV. LOL.

Conventional or nuke? :bsmilie:

Whatever is your pleasure.

I am sure that the image quality will be a jump in performance. That is without a doubt. And hopefully the AA filter will be adjusted so that the images will be tack sharp (think E-PL1).

They are. This is the E-3 Evolution re-badged. Remember it was supposed to be out last year? We had a discussion about it then.

Oh, I remember. I had some nasty words back then, also. I just can't imagine what the problem is that they bring forth something that isn't much more than a refurbishment of the current body and ask people to pay full price.

They could just switch out the sensor and processor of the E-1 and charge me an upgrade fee, especially since I couldn't care less about auto focus.

E3 + 12-60 was way off my budget what more E5 lols... oh well continue using my E620 until i've decided to buy a new one again hehehe hopefully by that time there would be a nice E620 replacement

Oh, I remember. I had some nasty words back then, also. I just can't imagine what the problem is that they bring forth something that isn't much more than a refurbishment of the current body and ask people to pay full price.

They could just switch out the sensor and processor of the E-1 and charge me an upgrade fee, especially since I couldn't care less about auto focus.

The only "forgiving" reason I can think of for the lads at Olympus mothership is that this product was developed during the period of the economic crisis. Lame excuse but I believe for a company like Olympus, they rather commit their resources to the medical and critical optics dept in bad times.

A good example is their binoculars dept. I just got into bird watching and digiscoping and was so disappointed that I could not even find a decent pair of binos and scope set up that I ended up buying a Nikon rig.

I just got into bird watching and digiscoping and was so disappointed that I could not even find a decent pair of binos and scope set up that I ended up buying a Nikon rig.
:thumbsup: if this is FB I would have click the I Like Button :sweatsm:

The only "forgiving" reason I can think of for the lads at Olympus mothership is that this product was developed during the period of the economic crisis. Lame excuse but I believe for a company like Olympus, they rather commit their resources to the medical and critical optics dept in bad times.

A good example is their binoculars dept. I just got into bird watching and digiscoping and was so disappointed that I could not even find a decent pair of binos and scope set up that I ended up buying a Nikon rig.

If they already had the body finished, waiting until later, losing sales would be against common sense in a period of economic crisis, especially since they don't really spend lots of money on advertising.

I would have hoped that they had learned from the period from 2003-2007. For a Japanese company, they're not seeming very Japanese, though I'd hoped they'd be a bit more bold like certain Korean companies.

If they already had the body finished, waiting until later, losing sales would be against common sense in a period of economic crisis, especially since they don't really spend lots of money on advertising.

I would have hoped that they had learned from the period from 2003-2007. For a Japanese company, they're not seeming very Japanese, though I'd hoped they'd be a bit more bold like certain Korean companies.

Olympus has never been about common sense. Else they would have gone the ways of the other companies. But this is the problem with a company that has "other better things to do for humanity" than to create cameras.

Will it be...

A bright sunny day at Hawaii beach with partying mood? :lovegrin:

or

A 9.9 earthquake accompanied by tsunami with solemn mood? :hung:

I just came home from school from exams,and you guys post so fast I can't catch up,hahaha, I agree with Microcosm, whatever body it is,as long as it does what its supposed to do with new or or tech, and its comfortable to hold,produces images that are pleasing to myself and the whoever I'm shooting for,that is enough for me, BTW E-5 is out!

Its out!

http://dpreview.com/previews/OlympusE5/

well at least I can continue using my e30 until the next gen arrives or this one drops to reasonable price levels. and we can still use 4/3. heck as long as its not completely dead and they don't deny service. I'm good. on the other hand, its a bust to the expectations people have set. Revolutionary ....-.-'

Its out!

http://dpreview.com/previews/OlympusE5/

well at least I can continue using my e30 until the next gen arrives or this one drops to reasonable price levels. and we can still use 4/3. heck as long as its not completely dead and they don't deny service. I'm good. on the other hand, its a bust to the expectations people have set. Revolutionary ....-.-'

Specs wise are good for my usage, will probably change when my E-3 goes kaput then it goes into storage, then E-5 becomes my main camera, like you, will get it when price drops and or my E-3 kaputs

ooohhh too-sharp SHG lenses to be fully exploited by the e-5...

this i gotta see.... :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.