RSN Open House @ Changi Naval Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
ming76 said:
Exhibition Zone
Come view the technologies and firepower of the RSN. Get up close to weapons such as missiles, torpedoes, 57mm gun, Mine Disposal Vehicles (MDV). Experience for yourself the surface-to-air anti-missile (SAM) simulator.

Visitors will also be able to understand the Navy’s history and heritage, customs, traditions and people through exhibits from the Navy museum. There will also be an exhibition of “Navy at Work” photos, videos and scaled models of ships and Changi Naval Base. For the first time, the public will also be able to see the design and pictures of the Navy’s new Frigates.

the photo exhibition is the work and effort of 12 SAFRA Photographic Club's photographers. don't miss it. the next time u will see these pictures may be in the coming issue of "Lightbox Photo Magazine", of course not all the 45 exhibits.

Photography is allowed.... but lenses are limited up to 150 mm only....close up are not allowed

Er... how are they gonna limit the lenses to 150mm? Check everyone?

Cheers!

i went too :D just reach home only :sweat: Be prepared to queue up for the shuttle bus :sweat:

cast123 said:
i went too :D just reach home only :sweat: Be prepared to queue up for the shuttle bus :sweat:

so do they really check for lens over 150mm?

kiama said:
so do they really check for lens over 150mm?

Nope dont think they really check. Cos everything will go through the security scan.

i went this afternoon at around 3pm, and went off at 7pm.

queued for 1hr to get on the shuttle bus heading for the changi naval base.

the huge crowd is really really terrible!

caught a lot of outdoor shots, but none very creative enough for my liking.. will post them up soon after i post-process them. :)

oh yah, i regreted that i didn't look out for the 12 SAFRA Photographic Club's photographers works. :( :(

by the way, the 150mm thing is crap. they didn't every ask me to open my camera bag... duh.

cast123 said:
Nope dont think they really check. Cos everything will go through the security scan.

That security scan really sucks! They can't even figure out what is in my bag and have to ask me to open it :sweatsm:

behyx said:
i went this afternoon at around 3pm, and went off at 7pm.

queued for 1hr to get on the shuttle bus heading for the changi naval base.

the huge crowd is really really terrible!

caught a lot of outdoor shots, but none very creative enough for my liking.. will post them up soon after i post-process them. :)

oh yah, i regreted that i didn't look out for the 12 SAFRA Photographic Club's photographers works. :( :(

by the way, the 150mm thing is crap. they didn't every ask me to open my camera bag... duh.

There isn't really much things for creative shots :think:

ccplim said:
There isn't really much things for creative shots :think:

i only got 2 or 3 creative shots that's all.. :( :(

behyx said:
i only got 2 or 3 creative shots that's all.. :( :(

Hmm..... would be interested to take a look at those. Btw, did you happened to catch the channel U stars?

ccplim said:
Hmm..... would be interested to take a look at those. Btw, did you happened to catch the channel U stars?

Nope, i didn't even go to the area where they host all the performances...

behyx said:
Nope, i didn't even go to the area where they host all the performances...

I happened to met them on board the vessel but too bad my lens wasn't long enough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.