Room 721

1st time commenting on portraits.
I think you tried to "heal" the bra area in pic 4?
Looks a lil weird imo, as though the boobs overflowed the bra.

It looked weird at first sight too. I think the boob already overflowed the bra. Our bro here is trying his best to cover what cannot be shown here. That's why PS work is 7 hours! :bsmilie:

Sorry, just a little side track. Back to the comments on the photos. Lighting is great, model is great. What can we ask for? I agree with DP that the eyelashes are really too fake. A lot of models do have already very good looking eyelashes.

More of her full body shots will be great.

Nice set of pics. But i cant help notice something showing up in pic 4, near to the model right top half area. Just my 2 cent. Not enough to be 5 cent yet. ha.

Now, i know i can trust you guys for troubleshoot. :thumbsup:

as to the overflow, you guys know more than me.

Last edited:
Photoshop : 4 hours

[Wardrobe Series]
5392165497_0ddeeaee72_b.jpg

5392763372_fbdb65cd9e_b.jpg

5392166335_111a53b292_b.jpg

I find that your 2nd series is not as good as your first. I guess it's due to the constraint in the space, which you've used a wide angle, and this adds a lot of distortion to the pics.

I find that your 2nd series is not as good as your first. I guess it's due to the constraint in the space, which you've used a wide angle, and this adds a lot of distortion to the pics.

I understand distortion too. But can you appreciate distortion ?

Only to a certain extent for portraits. Not for this series I'm afraid.

Not everyone has perfect body. Apparently, Melody is not the case here.

Photographer use PS to make body slimmer, legs longer and face shaper etc.

Depending on my composition, i am doing the same thing here.

Last edited:
Not everyone has perfect body. Apparently, Melody is not the case here.

Photographer use PS to make body slimmer, legs longer and face shaper etc.

Depending on my composition, i am doing the same thing here.

I don't think it's the body of the model here. I guess it's due to the constraint of the location where this series is taken. You have no choice but to use a wider angle to capture this wonderful model, thus creating distortion. If the series is shot in a bigger space, I'm sure her body will be good, or at least less distortion.

I don't think it's the body of the model here. I guess it's due to the constraint of the location where this series is taken. You have no choice but to use a wider angle to capture this wonderful model, thus creating distortion. If the series is shot in a bigger space, I'm sure her body will be good, or at least less distortion.

there are many reasons. like you say, it is limited in space. i have no money to get FX. to tell you the truth, we could move the mattress if we wanted.

distortion creates dynamic for me.the wardrobe is tight. i want the energy of exploding from tight space.

looking at the first series, the lens used was 50mm. although it is normal lense, if used close enough, there is still some distortion. i wanted that distortion too in the first series.

images from 105-135mm become boring because it is too linear. the size of the foreground compared with the background look normal.

Last edited:
I find 2nd series better as the full or 3/4 body is shown. seems more dynamic, esp #12.

I find 2nd series better as the full or 3/4 body is shown. seems more dynamic, esp #12.

i used to run away from distortion. no more, i embraced it now.

thanks bro, you see light in the tunnel, there is hope.

we are leaving the tunnel, not entering it.

Last edited:
when using wide angle for portraiture, we are forced to go nearer to the model , thus creating 'energy' , a sense of connectivity that may be missing when using classic portraiture lenses...

Last edited:
i used to run away from distortion. no more, i embraced it now.

thanks bro, you see light in the tunnel, there is hope.

we are leaving the tunnel, not entering it.

Distortion meaning seeing light? I think it's a matter of personal preference, not right or wrong.

when using wide angle for portraiture, we are forced to go nearer to the model , thus creating 'energy' , a sense of connectivity that may be missing when using classic portraiture lenses...

classic portraiture lenses are for graduation photos la.

would you pay $500 to get distorted graduation photos ?

i would !

classic portraiture lenses are for graduation photos la.

would you pay $500 to get distorted graduation photos ?

i would !

many pple , including me, use portraiture lenses frequently la , not only for graduation. I use them for streets also.

many pple , including me, use portraiture lenses frequently la , not only for graduation. I use them for streets also.

as always, you are always right. i am left.