Rifle Range Road Morning Shoot

Daddy Bear

Aug 14, 2010
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some shots from this morning's early morning jalan jalan @ Rifle Range Road.

Would appreciate if some of the seniors and regulars here can help give the id for some of the bugs! Tks in advance

My setup:

7D/180mm/Tripod mounted/Single Flash 270EX/Flash Power +3/ EV Neutral/Home made diffuser/F11/Shutter 1/200s/ISO 640/stacked extension tubes 36mm+20mm/wimberley plamp

1. "Kiwifruit" Beetle #1

2. "Kiwifruit" Beetle #2

3. "Kiwifruit" Beetle #3

4. Furry Cat

5. Unknown id Bug

Thanks all for viewing! C and C welcome!

Adrian (Dad Bear)

Last edited:
Awesome, great lighting & nice composition..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good shots! :)

Except #1, looks likw a mis-focus somewhere :think:

Excellent captures, lighting good, well-detailed and good composition. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wanton mee also good. ;)

The blue hairy beetle is very nicely taken. Great shots.

Wow!! Great lighting and sharpness there Adrian, really interesting captures!!

Awesome, great lighting & nice composition..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Jacob. Shooting with you is always my pleasure! :)

Good shots! :)

Except #1, looks likw a mis-focus somewhere :think:

HI MM, tks for viewing. I recall #1, the aim point is the eyes. Just that the eyes so small, and the butt so big, that the butt looks out of focus. Shooting from the rear is never the best composition, but I wanted to show the look of this bug from diff angles.
Thanks for the feedback anyway!

Excellent captures, lighting good, well-detailed and good composition.

Wanton mee also good.

Kennie, thanks for viewing! I think an award for best spotter should go to you. The rest of us all blur blur, but you someone have a knack for spotting everything. I think 90% of the bugs this morning were spotted by you! LOL

AT

Wow!! Great lighting and sharpness there Adrian, really interesting captures!!
Thanks Calvin! tripod good lah. I just holding on to the champion horse! LOL. See you on Saturday!

The blue hairy beetle is very nicely taken. Great shots.
Thanks Victor! your words mean a lot to me!

Very sharp and good exposure
Thanks airfins!

Kennie, thanks for viewing! I think an award for best spotter should go to you. The rest of us all blur blur, but you someone have a knack for spotting everything. I think 90% of the bugs this morning were spotted by you! LOL

AT

Bro Adrian, no need award for me. :D
Shoot macro also must enjoy banter of jokes & laughter like we did this morning.
Jacobs also spotted the ant.

Not forgetting I kanna stung on my chest. :bsmilie: Lucky nothing serious.

The macro world is always full of surprises.....great find!!!

Nice series... btw where is the good wanton mee stall ;p

Nice shots bro

Thanks Sagita!

The macro world is always full of surprises.....great find!!!

Thanks for your kind words, usncep6922! Credit to my mates who spotted everything!

Nice series... btw where is the good wanton mee stall ;p
Lance, Thanks for viewing! I brought the bunch to the 6th avenue Wanton mee. Located at the corner coffee shop, at the junction between Anamalai Avenue and Sixth Avenue, just next to Lily Avenue. Run by an old aunty and her daughter. Got newspaper cutting kind! Map link is here http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_35304/travel_site_34082/

They have the usual wanton mee, or wanton meepok, and you can 'geh liao' with yongtau foo, or mushrooms or chicken feet in black sauce!

I just need my wanton mee fix every now and then. Been eating here for the last 30 years.

Thanks Sagita!

Thanks for your kind words, usncep6922! Credit to my mates who spotted everything!

Lance, Thanks for viewing! I brought the bunch to the 6th avenue Wanton mee. Located at the corner coffee shop, at the junction between Anamalai Avenue and Sixth Avenue, just next to Lily Avenue. Run by an old aunty and her daughter. Got newspaper cutting kind! Map link is here http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_35304/travel_site_34082/

They have the usual wanton mee, or wanton meepok, and you can 'geh liao' with yongtau foo, or mushrooms or chicken feet in black sauce!

I just need my wanton mee fix every now and then. Been eating here for the last 30 years.

Thanks for the direction.. i like the nasi brani at the opposite coffe shop ;)
Your detail caption on the wanton mee makes me want to check out the stall soon ;p
Wishing u guys having more fun in yr shoot

sharp and nicely composed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Vincent