Ricoh GR

With who you had made reservation and do they you the prices?

No idea when's the next shipment or if there are any accessories then but I have already reserved a GW-3 kit for my GR once they start coming in. ;)

Abit disappointed, really thought the price will be slightly above $900 only. Now it seems to be around the $1050 range. Think have to wait awhile before getting one liao..:(

Abit disappointed, really thought the price will be slightly above $900 only. Now it seems to be around the $1050 range. Think have to wait awhile before getting one liao..:(

I'm going to wait too... It's almost paying at RRP...

Do you know where will have it tomorrow (Sunday)? If you know the particular shop name it will be useful.

went down to funan earlier this evening... asked Click! sales person & he told me still no news yet... earliest by next 1-2 wks then they will know the price... just keep our fingers crossed on the price...

Due to the delay at Customs, most shops will not be getting their hands on the GR until next week. Even then, stocks in the first batch is extremely limited and most would probably go to those on the reservation lists at the respective dealers.

vessels late or warehouse slow just say so lah...

"delay at customs"... not likely...

Haha each day container is in customs == hefty charges..

i have one - its pretty amazing really. will shoot like crazy in the next ten days and see what kind of stuff i can share.

W7fdLTH.jpg

i have one - its pretty amazing really. will shoot like crazy in the next ten days and see what kind of stuff i can share.

keep the picture coming

Boh Tea Center, Sungai Palas, Cameron Highland

8922604381_93ffa4458f_c.jpg

Chicken Hor Fun stall at Ipoh Old Town. This stall was visited by Bryan Wong in one of the Channel U program.

8923225368_7b633c8356_c.jpg

Light

8923217162_d95ec8ab13_c.jpg

Charcoal factory factory at Sepetang

8922701453_e8420e6377_c.jpg

Wow! GR where are you ?

Boh Tea Center, Sungai Palas, Cameron Highland

Chicken Hor Fun stall at Ipoh Old Town. This stall was visited by Bryan Wong in one of the Channel U program.

Light

Charcoal factory factory at Sepetang

$1150 quote by AP at Funan. Only 2 sets brought in

Early adopters please share your view on this wonderful camera :)

Comparing lens performance with Coolpix A when shooting in macro mode, the GR is sharper at the edge and can focus slightly closer.

original.jpg

0.77s f/4.5 at 18.3mm ISO 100

original.jpg

Ricoh GR

original.jpg

Nikon Coolpix A

And although the GR does not have image stabilisation, strangely it is quite possible to get handshake-free results at shutter speeds slow enough to cause problem shooting handheld with other cameras without image stabilisation. Example...

original.jpg

1/8s f/4.5 at 18.3mm ISO 800

Last edited:
Some stores are getting their supply of GR by tonight! However, the price is between 1K-1.1K...

Top up $20 for 3x GRD4 lol

With THIS price, I will probably try out the GR 4 first and wait the price to drop. Don't know whether there is still stock... with the GR coming, there might be even more discount coming for GR 4! Anyway S$390 is good enough already.

Last edited:
With THIS price, I will probably try out the GR 4 first and wait the price to drop. Don't know whether there is still stock... with the GR coming, there might be even more discount coming for GR 4! Anyway S$390 is good enough already.

Hee... U wait longer, it will drop to S$500 even! How long for that one, I dunno ler... :p

GR is available at the major store today. Alan Photo, Bally Photo, Cathay Photo, MS Color, Parisilk, TK Foto, Max Photo, SG Camera Store, Orient Photo & Focuspoint. I believe it is limited stock, Good luck.