RF.SG Jan Outing, The Year Of The Rabbit!

we wouldnt laugh at contax!!! Its Zeiss glass!!!

I think there are quite a few guys using contax.

The thing I love about these vintage cameras, its always only 3 settings, focusing, aperture, shutter all self set, so when something screws up, you can only point the guilty finger to yourself!

Anyway, its really good to see quite a fair bit of new faces in the outing! Learn, share, poison :thumbsup:

Woah! mr pilot, flying to where to makan again? heehee!

yah lor, Bak kut tay and ma sak chee. ;)

Hope my m2 comes in time for this! If not must use my XA..

1. Royale With Cheese (Gary)
2. Benji77 (Benji)
3. Mikhail33 (Mikhail)
4. Astroboy888 (Jon)
5.unknown123(zhixian)
6. ZoomP (will try to join)
7.lunchwithmerv(mervin)
8. sweat100 (Patrick)
9. zk-diq (if on time back)
10. Dan003 (Dan)
11. JaiYenJohn (John)
12 Lowlights (Richard)[/QUOTE]
Lucky 13. Imaji (Budi)

By the way, is anyone going to shoot with Tri-X? I plan to buy a bulk roll but I am sure a bulk roll will take me a long long time to finish. If there are anyone who plan to shoot with this film on that day, please PM me with the quantities that you need. I will roll it for you (about 38 frames per roll). As for the cost, it will be split equally. Not trying to earn any profit from this thing, but for the benefit of cheaper film for the RF.SG community.

Gary, how many rolls can you squeeze from a bulk roll? Approximate roll per cost of about 38 frames? Thanks!

By the way, is anyone going to shoot with Tri-X? I plan to buy a bulk roll but I am sure a bulk roll will take me a long long time to finish. If there are anyone who plan to shoot with this film on that day, please PM me with the quantities that you need. I will roll it for you (about 38 frames per roll). As for the cost, it will be split equally. Not trying to earn any profit from this thing, but for the benefit of cheaper film for the RF.SG community.

Gary, how many rolls can you squeeze from a bulk roll? Approximate roll per cost of about 38 frames? Thanks!

wow kudos to your initiative in lowering film cost :thumbsup: Perhaps you can confirm the cost per roll first? But Im really interested!

wow kudos to your initiative in lowering film cost :thumbsup: Perhaps you can confirm the cost per roll first? But Im really interested!

I have not made a trip down to Ruby to buy the film yet. I suppose it is around $3+ to $4 per roll. Should not deviate too far off the mark. Will keep you all posted on the exact cost.

Erm I think I get 19.5 rolls of Tri-X out of the 100feet bulk roll.

I roll the counters from 0-40 but will get only 35 exposures this is because of the leader in the front is exposed & the rear end of the film, 2 frames are exposed when I tape the end to the canister.

Tri-X should be about $62, take it you get 19 rolls, should be costing $3.5? Cheaper than buying standard canisters from the shop if you compare quantity.

I just bought the 400TX from Ruby. It cost $63/roll now. The cost of per roll of film is still set at $3.50/roll. PM me if you need the film on that day. Try not to do it last minute as I may not have the time to roll it.

Last edited:
Just wondering guys... if you buy a bulk roll from Ruby...

- Will they load the film into canisters for you?
- Do you need to buy the canisters?
- How much would everything cost?
- Are the canisters that we pried open with a can opener when we develop our film still usable?

Just wondering guys... if you buy a bulk roll from Ruby...

- Will they load the film into canisters for you?
- Do you need to buy the canisters?
- How much would everything cost?
- Are the canisters that we pried open with a can opener when we develop our film still usable?

- You gotta load the canisters yourself.
- you can re-use those standard canisters or buy re-loadable canisters. I think you got 10 reloadable canisters if you buy the AP bulk loader, Ruby has it.
- Tri-X is about $62, gives you 19.5 rolls
-you can use the canisters after you pry them open.

Here is a picture of freshly loaded bulk rolls in standard canisters
tumblr_l7b5ibrclO1qa9nzco1_500.jpg

The AP Loader comes standard with 20pc canisters & casing. Remember to tell them during development to keep the canisters for you. They cost about $1.50 each. You ca ask( nicely) and Ruby would keep old canisters for you to use.

Yes Ruby sells the loader. If they don't have it in stock they can order it for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LowLights View Post

2. Benji77 (Benji)
3. Mikhail33 (Mikhail)
4. Astroboy888 (Jon)
5.unknown123(zhixian)
7.lunchwithmerv(mervin)
8. sweat100 (Patrick)
10. Dan003 (Dan)
11. JaiYenJohn (John)
12 Lowlights (Richard)
Lucky 13. Imaji (Budi)
14. aomoon (Martin)

2. Benji77 (Benji)
3. Mikhail33 (Mikhail)
4. Astroboy888 (Jon)
5.unknown123(zhixian)
7.lunchwithmerv(mervin)
8. sweat100 (Patrick)
10. Dan003 (Dan)
11. JaiYenJohn (John)
12 Lowlights (Richard)
Lucky 13. Imaji (Budi)
14. aomoon (Martin)
15. DeltaOmega (Oyvind) + some friends

I'm spending a few months in Singapore -- from now until early April. Following a conversation with ZoomP on www.rangefinderforum.com, I may come along tomorrow and join your party. Hope that's OK. All the best, John

I'm spending a few months in Singapore -- from now until early April. Following a conversation with ZoomP on www.rangefinderforum.com, I may come along tomorrow and join your party. Hope that's OK. All the best, John

Bro John, welcome!!!! Pls come by!!! I am kinda sick hence didn't have the chance to really call you. Please come by tom. You'll find a great bunch of people here at RF.SG.

Hey guys, i won't be able to make it. M2 never arrive yet :(.. Next time :D