Review Samsung NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we have a nx10 gathering one day? Then we can share techniques too?? I'm curious if the flash gun is gd. Who have d big one n is it as good in portrait shoot? Anyway, I'm keeping my nx10 as it's compact for travel. After the photokina, I may get a high end dslr after all ;)

Sounds like a good idea.

That is, if you don't mind seeing someone walk into the gathering with only an NX10 with the 15-55mm kit lens and nothing else. :cry:

I dnt think they will mind bah. Small group gathering is good also, feel free to bring yr other camera along loh. I think many nx10 user maybe newbie too, learn frm one another diffrnt settings n ways of taking pics is gd too wat... Well we at least have a start rt?? Every brand hav sm gathering at least we hav a start.

Wd be cool to see sm nx10 user using d big glashgun taking portraits. Really want to see hws d effect like... N wnder wat filter effects can company d set too... Sign, if only samsung Can have 50mm f1.4 or wide angle lens sn... Sm of the line up lens I find kinda redundant. ESP that 18-55mm without stabilser... Wats the point of that lens seriously I also find them weird to have.

im all fine for an NX10 gathering, but the question is, when will most be available for such an outing?

plus, how many NX10 users are there in CS?

Maybe this sun morning? We go sentosa??Theme like beach or the nature walk... ;) like arnd 9am or 10?If not enough or less than 6 then next time lo

Maybe this sun morning? We go sentosa??Theme like beach or the nature walk... ;) like arnd 9am or 10?If not enough or less than 6 then next time lo

unfortunately, won't be free for the next 2 weeks, including weekends. :cry:

some images from my recent NZ trip. Taken with NX10 + 30mm

Last edited:
Wow!! So beautiful n hAppy family!! U only use ur 30mm? Didn't bring other lens?

I chose the scenes that had wide dynamic range to test the DR of NX10 as this is a technical thread.

This was one of my main concerns about NX10, not the high iso performance but whether the camera can shot in sunny backlit conditions.

Conclusion is it is not bad if you expose correctly which is easier due to the live histogram. I ended up using manual mode 99% of the time due to tricky exposure.

Wow!! So beautiful n hAppy family!! U only use ur 30mm? Didn't bring other lens?

I only have a 30mm lens.

I brought my D700 14-24 and 70-200mm lens along though. The NX10 30mm (45mm equivalent) is a normal lens which is used when I want something light and unobtrusive or when I need something wider (with 70-200mm mounted) or more tele (with the 14-24mm mounted)

I chose the scenes that had wide dynamic range to test the DR of NX10 as this is a technical thread.

This was one of my main concerns about NX10, not the high iso performance but whether the camera can shot in sunny backlit conditions.

Conclusion is it is not bad if you expose correctly which is easier due to the live histogram. I ended up using manual mode 99% of the time due to tricky exposure.

Would it be better if you attach a CPL filter to tackle the backlit condition?

Yes I would imagine that finding a good exposure balance is pretty tricky under these conditions. I only think that the last photo could have been exposed by maybe an extra 1/3rd of a stop without too much highlight detail lost - leading to a more balanced shot overall. Still, in my opinion, pretty good job.

The dynamic range looks really good. You can really see the APS-C sized sensor coming into play here. I see that blown out highlights are well controlled and shadows just right. I still think the NX10 has an edge over m43 cameras with DR.

Do you have a D700 body? Do you think that the advantage provided by the full frame sensor would have been significant over the NX10's APS-C?

Last edited:
The dynamic range looks really good. You can really see the APS-C sized sensor coming into play here. I see that blown out highlights are well controlled and shadows just right. I still think the NX10 has an edge over m43 cameras with DR.

Do you have a D700 body? Do you think that the advantage provided by the full frame sensor would have been significant over the NX10's APS-C?

Actually I think for APS-C sensor, the DR of the NX10 is only so so. probably better than m43 but not as good as the best APS-C out there like the nikon D90 or pentax kx.

The D700 is significantly better in IQ. I should dig out similar shots of the same scene using my D700 as a comparison. Basically the under exposed areas has much less noise when you adjust the curves in post processing.

Would it be better if you attach a CPL filter to tackle the backlit condition?

no CPL filter. The 30mm has an odd sized filter thread. Too lazy to screw filter on and off.

NX10 + Minolta Rokkor 24mm f2.8 via adapter
F4, 1/640, ISO 100

4931772884_03bae2bb37_b.jpg

I redid the processing for the last pic

nz_04b.jpg

Alan ur daughter is like spokesgirl of nx10. Btw can I use 3rd party glashgun fornx10?

Alan ur daughter is like spokesgirl of nx10. Btw can I use 3rd party glashgun fornx10?

Yes, I am using a Canon flash unit . You just have to use manual mode or A mode setting on the flash unit. No point getting the Samsung flash as you cannot do HSS (shutter speed over 1/180s) with your NX10. :)

Last edited:
NX10 naturally .............. :)

be02.jpg

be01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.