Review Samsung NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Samsung NX10 seems interesting, I like the design, and compactness,
from your posts, I like how sharp the photo captured, and the amount of detail we can see from the photo produced by NX10, especially when using low ISO in low light situation.
I have a few questions regarding NX10,
Where can I find a shop that sell Nikon lens adapter for NX10 here in sg? (I guess it's F-mount for Nikon lenses?)
and with another brand's lens attached, will it affect the image quality?
Thanks before :)

I am not sure if an F mount adapter is available. My google searches don't seem to yield anything. Perhaps you can give Samsung Singapore a call and ask them.

Also, this forum is still underpopulated with NX users. I recommend that questions also be posted at the Samsung forum in dpreview at this link:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1001

There are more users at dpreview and hence the chances of your questions being answered are higher.

Sorry I haven't been shooting lately. But here are some older photos from West Coast Park:

kites.jpg

And

sam0478r.jpg

Both taken with the 30mm.

I am not sure if an F mount adapter is available. My google searches don't seem to yield anything. Perhaps you can give Samsung Singapore a call and ask them.

Also, this forum is still underpopulated with NX users. I recommend that questions also be posted at the Samsung forum in dpreview at this link:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1001

There are more users at dpreview and hence the chances of your questions being answered are higher.

Thanks Shahmatt,
I read before somewhere that F-mount for NX10 is available, but you have to order it from ebay, I was just thinking if there's a store here that sell it.

Hmm, I wonder if it's because of the brand consciousness that caused NX10 not so popular here, because I've tested it in an IT Fair, and loved the size, built quality of the body, and the image quality.

Thanks for the reference, I'll check it out. :D

Thanks Shahmatt,
I read before somewhere that F-mount for NX10 is available, but you have to order it from ebay, I was just thinking if there's a store here that sell it.

Hmm, I wonder if it's because of the brand consciousness that caused NX10 not so popular here, because I've tested it in an IT Fair, and loved the size, built quality of the body, and the image quality.

Thanks for the reference, I'll check it out. :D

All right, good luck with your hunt.

I wouldn't say brand has much to do with it. If you look at the general threads, the Samsung EX1 is a very popular camera. The problem is that the community here is rather obsessed with image quality, more specifically the high ISO image noise. Unfortunately, this camera is not the best in this department, and is therefore instantly dismissed as inferior.

I have been researching cameras for several years now and I will confess that some months back I would have been the first to dismiss this camera for good. My primary objective was mobility and so the only real option for me was the Pentax K-x plus a good street prime. The K-x is a compact DSLR, excellent image quality and unparalleled value. But what lens to go with it for street shooting? The effective FOV were all either too wide or too close up. The good length primes (~25mm to 45mm) were all too bulky. The camera with batteries and lens all weigh around 700g and above. This seemed wearying given my experience with my beloved Fuji S6500FD.

It was fortunate that I actually had an opportunity to see and play with the NX10 before any major reviews came out. I was somewhat sold by the handling even prior to the reviews. I was instantly magnetized by the 30mm pancake. With a FOV of 45mm it was ideal for my purpose. Image quality thus became less relevant and mobility and weight became the paramount consideration.

The truth is, the NX10 IQ is fairly decent when you shoot in RAW and do some post processing on your own. I am a regular RAW shooter, so this was not too much of an inconvenience. Plus it has all other features an enthusiast might need.

I carry this camera everywhere in my bag. It is non intrusive and rarely gains any attention, just the way I like it. The bottom line is I shoot way more than before.

Hi, is this picture really taken using NX10? It's totally amazing as it looks like a DSLR quality. :thumbsup:

Supposedly I'll take the picture of the fireworks but apparently I was too late, thus I just played with the NX-10 kit lens and do night shooting. :)

4856794955_28d71cce70_b.jpg

If so, I will seriously consider this camera. :bigeyes:

Do you have gallery storing photos taken by NX10? Want to see more of its abilities.

Why should it not be? The NX10 has a APS-C sensor inside it, which is the same size as most consumer DSLRs.

Went for my photography course last weekend n d teacher using samsung nx10 all d way... I'm now thinkng shd I keep or sell to my dis nw... Kinda can't bare to as it's really compact n interface really easy. My coursemate like I can chnge d white balance n see it live chnge on d screen while theirs can't....

Hi there, got a NX10 with 30mm pencake lately for my wife, main reason for buying is the size and DSLR pict quality. So post some of my Personal likes and dislike about this cam:

LIKE:
-Pict Quality (no. 1 that I like abt this cam esp the pencake len)
-Size (put a wrist strap & its in my pouch everyday & everywhere I go)
-All the buttons that is easily assessible like most DSLR
-Georgeous and clear Liveview screen & view-finder
-Acceptable AF speed
-More than enough manual control and functions just like a DSLR
-User-friendly interface
-THe grip, feel very good when holding it in my hand
-The build of this cam, very good worksmanship and material used (even though is plastic), feel sturdy and strong and Made in Korea (both body & Len)
-Good battery life

DISLIKE:
-no delicated Video button
-Video quality average in good light, but poor under low lighting (no fight to NEX). But, the mic is exceptionally good to pick up the sound even though its only mono and with wind cut-off feature

Will post more when I played with it more often. CHeers

The kit lens 14-55mm doesn't have a very good rating. However, there are some adapters selling in the market that allow you to attach Canon/Nikon/Olympus/Pentax lens to NX10. Is there any lens recommended to replace the original kit lens?

The kit lens 14-55mm doesn't have a very good rating. However, there are some adapters selling in the market that allow you to attach Canon/Nikon/Olympus/Pentax lens to NX10. Is there any lens recommended to replace the original kit lens?

As far as I understand, the optical quality of the 18-55mm OIS is comparable to other kit lenses. Using an adapter to fit a kit lens from another camera would most likely be redundant.

You perhaps mean some quality control issues on early lenses where the right side is soft. As I understand, these problems have been solved and now the lens quality is well maintained. If you encounter a problem like this you can always get your lens replaced.

Hi everyone,
Samsung NX10 seems interesting, I like the design, and compactness,
from your posts, I like how sharp the photo captured, and the amount of detail we can see from the photo produced by NX10, especially when using low ISO in low light situation.
I have a few questions regarding NX10,
Where can I find a shop that sell Nikon lens adapter for NX10 here in sg? (I guess it's F-mount for Nikon lenses?)
and with another brand's lens attached, will it affect the image quality?

I have a nikon-nx10 adapter which I am not currently using. I can lend it to you if you want to try. You can order one from e-bay later anyway. PM me if you are interested.

My coursemate like I can chnge d white balance n see it live chnge on d screen while theirs can't....

unless ur classmates r using dinos of DSLR world, then thats not true.
i first experience this feature on a DSLR b4 the first mirrorless cam was even announced.

i like the NX though.
used it once when the guest of my client asked me to shoot a pic of the 2 of them.
first impression, it feels just right in ur hand :thumbsup:

Im interested in the nx10 as well.

Would you be able to share the street price of the nx10? I saw somewhere in CS that the kit lens is gg for $750

Im interested in the nx10 as well.

Would you be able to share the street price of the nx10? I saw somewhere in CS that the kit lens is gg for $750

Latest at MS Color:

with kit lens - $799
with pancake lens - $899

Not sure if gst is included and also not sure what free gifts are given too.

Latest at MS Color:

with kit lens - $799
with pancake lens - $899

Not sure if gst is included and also not sure what free gifts are given too.

Its the samsung bag, sd card and one other thing (can't remember). Plus, you can buy another samsung lens at $100 cheaper.

I have a nikon-nx10 adapter which I am not currently using. I can lend it to you if you want to try. You can order one from e-bay later anyway. PM me if you are interested.

Thank you cav328, that's so nice of you :thumbsup:
I have yet to buy NX10, still dwelling on reviews and comparisons,
even though I really like it, but I don't want to buy on impulse..

I also heard some rumors about NX100, Nikon EVIL, and Canon compact DSLR,
so maybe I'll have to wait first, but my original plan is to buy it in October :bsmilie:

btw, does mounting let's say Nikon lens on NX10 body will affect the image quality and focusing ability?

Shall we have a nx10 gathering one day? Then we can share techniques too?? I'm curious if the flash gun is gd. Who have d big one n is it as good in portrait shoot? Anyway, I'm keeping my nx10 as it's compact for travel. After the photokina, I may get a high end dslr after all ;)

I just got the NX10 last week and to say that the build is great will be a bit of an understatement.

On the whole, after playing around with it as though it were a very expensive PnS (which is not too far off from its intended purpose, i'm guessing) my only gripes are:

1) body is a little small for comfort, but that's only because i use an unorthodox gripping style.

2) the kit lens pops out a little too far when zoomed to maximum

3) images shot > iso 1600 is almost unusable without some serious touchup

4) my glasses keep blocking the sensor under the EVF.

just my 2 cents; you are free to agree or disgaree.

Like to share my view... Initially when asked to get this camera at MS color I was like...wat! Samsung!!?? I was still new to dslr, then later I learnt more and appreciate more too. Yeah nw line up of lens not complete yet. Hwever I did get all d lens of nx series. After I went through d photography course, even my teacher been using this camera. After seeing his effect n setting, I then see if use properly it also can take great pics. Lesson learnt, photography fundamentals if use properly, even if it's not canikon, if it's slr they can take good pics too. My teacher told me, photography split into technical n artistic clique. Dnt dwell too much into technical n forget d artistic sector, if not even give me mk2 I
think I can't really handle too. So whoever is new or if want treat tis as a start I
think it should do it's job. I respect sm of u guys who took such nice pic w nx10. I
asked my sis if want to buy frm me the nx10 before d course. But guess wat!!! I can't bear to part with it!!! I'm going holiday next few mths... D ordeal of lugging big dslr sent me thrills nw!!! Gosh! Hw to enjoy n shop carefreely when holiday. My teacher who is going Cambodia Also said he bring nx10 enuf as it's kinda tough there... But he will
bring his d700 for serious shoot when his assignment needs la. So here goes, it may not be canikon... But I slowly learnt to accept it... N see it's side of usefulness. Yes, my photography hobby interest has started. I will save money for d next big investment eventually... Maybe a 5dmk2 or even hasselblad one day. But I think nx10 has a place as a backup or travel cam for sure with me ;). Most important, I must learnt to handle these machine. Not let their specs handle me

Status
Not open for further replies.