Reply about VivoCity Photo Competition 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
just came back from the exhibition.
I think quality of 2007 entries were a lot better in both amateur and pro. Maybe was the scale and publicity then.
Good luck for all the shortlisted participants :)

Any photographs for the actual exhibition?

Saw a blurred image.. low shutter speed with crowd movement.. everything was so blur. Nothing was sharp..

Wondering how did the judges select that photo..

Saw a blurred image.. low shutter speed with crowd movement.. everything was so blur. Nothing was sharp..

Wondering how did the judges select that photo..

you meant at the exhibition? blur can often depicts motion or energy. I havent seen them myself too

I got the phone call last week (Friday), say my 2 photo had selected. The lady ask can change the description of the photo, I say no problem. She say they will show all the shortlisted photo in the hall from 26 Oct....

you meant at the exhibition? blur can often depicts motion or energy. I havent seen them myself too

Yes of course i am referring to the exhibition. But what has 'My Home' gotta do with blur effects..

Go see for yourself and you will understand what i mean. Too abstract for me to understand:eek:
Somehow motion blur + handshake blur in a messy crowd..

Went to Vivo for a quick lunch and happened to see the shortlisted photo they exhibit, am rather confused with most of the photograph seems rather 'abstract' and does not captures the "activities, experiences, or moments shared at Vivocity.... does not related to the theme "Make it your place" :confused:

i be heading down tmr to have a look. i am sure there has to be a reason. maybe thy wanted variety

i be heading down tmr to have a look. i am sure there has to be a reason. maybe thy wanted variety

I might be heading down soon too, the word variety is an understatement when most of the shortlisted entries are "abstract" as quoted from Shutterooz.

Though I have yet to see the short-listed photos, some of them has been shown in The New Paper. I agreed some are rather abstract and some do not fall within the theme.

However, I found out that it seems the organizers are rather interested in showing the architecture of VivoCity with some people in the shots (though the people in the shots are not showing clear enough of what the theme is), be it the interior or exterior of the shopping mall.

It's more like those advertising shots for Vivo City, which likely they might use them for their brochures, etc; rather than showing what the theme really is. I am not surprised some short-listed guys might be shocked, why their entries has been selected. A closer-look then he or she might realised that they have included part of the structures of VivoCity building.

I.e. one of the shots is about the reflection of a shot showing part of the curvy structure of VivoCity and nothing else. Does that show what the theme is? I doubt so, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.