Recommendation for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always good to have 'motor in body' at lease that allowed you to have a wider range of lense choices. Specially the cheap and good 50mm f1.8 other you have to pay 4x the price to get a Sigma 30mm f1.4 (motor in lens). ;)

yups.. and nikon is playing catch up by slowing introducing and shifting away from the older "motor in body " lenses and migrating to "motor in lens" like Canon. D40 is just the start.

Actually that's what i wanna avoid...i looking down to earth honest views. I don't wanna be overwhelmed by minute techy details. I know people will try avoiding being too techy, but once the flow goes, enthuasism takes over, i will get lost. Haaa

That's what the other threads are... It's "hey, i'm looking at a D80, D40 or a Canon 400D... What do you guys suggest?"

Ok lets see...so far... we have...

Nikon D40

Nikon D40x

Nikon D80

Nikon D200

Canon 30D
(do they still have 10D or 20D in production?)

Canon 400D

Canon 5D

- Sony Alpha A100 (I'm saying this as the AS would come in extremely useful) and get the Carl Zeiss 16-80 as an 1-off investment for its all round focal length.

:thumbsup: indeed the best combi. image stabliser, usefull zoom range, carl zeiss optics, and total is less than 2.5k

Do consider a used camera system if this is your first time into DSLR too. After all, you are still in the process of searching for that system that works best for your shooting style.

:thumbsup: indeed the best combi. image stabliser, usefull zoom range, carl zeiss optics, and total is less than 2.5k

Comes with the noise man.

alpha.jpg

yeah that's something my photographer colleague told me this morning. :nono:

(although he's using d40 now, and he says it's good, National Geographic also use. lol :bsmilie: )

Nat Geo photographers use ALL kinds of cameras... IT'S A TOOL!

Still i have to consider budget and financial constraints. Those who are bout to get married or have family...should know. Damn stressed one. Haaa

Camera can be damn fast, damn sharp, damn power...but i can't afford to buy, then back to square one also. :bsmilie:

A100 looks better? Why everyone mask out 30D being the cleanest output? :dunno: selective viewing? and the trees look yellowish as well.. :dunno:

actually im rather tempted with the 30D...honestly...haha
im just wondering how much in total would i need to choke out, if i get an external canon flash. (though some would recommend me other brands of compatible flash)

(and i have that 3 spare BP batts....good enuff to last me whole day)

1 batt already enough to last me few days lor..
Check out the MO now.. $650 for a new 580EX.. good price compared to $600 for a 2nd hand in B&S

actually im rather tempted with the 30D...honestly...haha
im just wondering how much in total would i need to choke out, if i get an external canon flash. (though some would recommend me other brands of compatible flash)

(and i have that 3 spare BP batts....good enuff to last me whole day)

woah. your budget slowly increasing huh.

1 batt already enough to last me few days lor..
Check out the MO now.. $650 for a new 580EX.. good price compared to $600 for a 2nd hand in B&S

woah. your budget slowly increasing huh.

I did read up on the price list in the C's and N's gang territory...haha
so i guess if possible i would like to squeeze in an external flash...i hate to use those flash which is inbuilt. (up to 2.5k...still promising, pending approval from my other half...lol)

Oh 1 batt...is definitely not enough....i can use at least 3, im a heavy shooter, 4 is a safe number of batts for me. Heh

I did read up on the price list in the C's and N's gang territory...haha
so i guess if possible i would like to squeeze in an external flash...i hate to use those flash which is inbuilt. (up to 2.5k...still promising, pending approval from my other half...lol)

Oh 1 batt...is definitely not enough....i can use at least 3, im a heavy shooter, 4 is a safe number of batts for me. Heh
:sweat:

yah im pretty amazed myself....i shoot alot....dump alot...my flickr has about 14k of photos i think, plus minus 2k of images which are not actual photos (icons, gifs, logos)

kakakaka triggerhappy lah. I shoot with joy. :bsmilie:

actually why not just get a point and shoot?

ok that's besides the point anyway ... i think D80 should fit your budget and usage pretty well, if you find the grip small can get the battery grip, i like the light weight and the colours are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.