Recommendation for 50mm prime lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, bro. I've still got a lot to learn from you and everybody else... but that's why photography is so exciting ;)

goodluck bro, part of being a pentaxian is finding a gem lens without burning your wallet. ;)

goodluck bro, part of being a pentaxian is finding a gem lens without burning your wallet. ;)

Thanks bananaOne, the other part of being a pentaxian is to NOT buy crap lens that burn the wallet. ;)

I'm very glad, I made the switch and although k10d is a 3 years old model - it meets my needs. Have to brush up on my NR software skills and pp. :D

For the NR part, try the new Lightroom Beta version, it is MUCH better.

I'm very glad, I made the switch and although k10d is a 3 years old model - it meets my needs. Have to brush up on my NR software skills and pp. :D

Congrats on your new (old) toy. K10D high ISO is a pain for portraiture, but fine for general shooting. I use Nik Define 2.0 to de-noise sparingly since the output will always come out a bit smudged and soft.

Happy shooting. ;)

Congrats on your new (old) toy. K10D high ISO is a pain for portraiture, but fine for general shooting. I use Nik Define 2.0 to de-noise sparingly since the output will always come out a bit smudged and soft.

Happy shooting. ;)

Yeah, Baracus... we should go shoot something together with our K10s soon. I'm enjoying the Pentaxian community spirit here. Very strong, family, and cozy. :bsmilie:

NeatImage gets my recommendation. The auto profiling is good and you can save profiles, NR not too strong as compared to NoiseNinja on it's default auto-profiling, which I find too overpowering..and I can never get my manual profiles right ;p

Yeah, Baracus... we should go shoot something together with our K10s soon. I'm enjoying the Pentaxian community spirit here. Very strong, family, and cozy. :bsmilie:

But I only go shooting during the monthly meet-ups, except for the odd event/photo-shoot every couple of months or so. Those are the only times inspiration strikes. Other times, I'm busy (lazy) playing with Photoshop. :bsmilie:

Just drop me a line if you wanna meet-up, and hopefully I'll get off my lazy a$$. ;p

But I only go shooting during the monthly meet-ups, except for the odd event/photo-shoot every couple of months or so. Those are the only times inspiration strikes. Other times, I'm busy (lazy) playing with Photoshop. :bsmilie:

Just drop me a line if you wanna meet-up, and hopefully I'll get off my lazy a$$. ;p

:bsmilie: I'll sure drop you a line soon.

Lots of good information here for pentax users... lens recommendations, NR software, techniques. Someone should compile a "ultimate guide for pentax users - everything you need to know about bodies, lenses, upgrade paths, post-processing without losing your pants and hats in the process." Let me think about this, if anybody got ideas on what - i can skim this forum and do the guide. :)

Good idea?

wah so gian :bsmilie: if ok ask can the mods and sticky it next time :)

BTW somebody should update the pentax digital cameras and lenses thread. The last one There is k-m. K-7 and k-x is not yet included :)

Status
Not open for further replies.