Recommend DSLR for PnS/Super-Zoom upgrader

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all the mirrorless fanboys trying to divert you away to their booth.. :bsmilie:

[Mirrorless booth]

come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless

Last edited:
come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless come to mirrorless

[Me]

i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going

Last edited:
Kids, kids, calm down... Let's not totally derail this thread and overwhelm the threadstarter...

I'm surprised this thread has digressed to a few pages! Cool it guys, we are all here to learn and share :)

Thanks for all the input so far :D

Feel the need to apologise here... been somewhat of a bitch just now... and too harsh on Shahmatt. I believe he means well to TS.

No hard feeling Shahmatt :)

No one here has yet told the TS that wedding photography is really really REALLY hard. It requires specialized skill and equipment and he should really consider getting a professional to do this. I hope the TS plans to use his camera only as a secondary source of photos. No camera recommendation we make here will work unless the TS is a super fast learner and has uncanny organizing skills.

Indeed I'm no superman. Just a second or even third photographer on actual day. I will be the only photographer during ROM though :D

Ah yes...I will feel bad if this thread turns into a flame war. Seriously this mini war really lets me learn a lot. I have little idea of mirror or mirrowless prior to reading. Oops don't carry on the argument please :D

Feel the need to apologise here... been somewhat of a bitch just now... and too harsh on Shahmatt. I believe he means well to TS.

No hard feeling Shahmatt :)

Ah yes...I will feel bad if this thread turns into a flame war. Seriously this mini war really lets me learn a lot. I have little idea of mirror or mirrowless prior to reading. Oops don't carry on the argument please :D

this is pretty common. it's been happening almost every "what DSLR to get" type of threads.

oh well. i'd suggest not going to the PC show. you're only gonna get tons of useless freebies. so you might wanna check out MS color for anything you intend to get. it's at Ang Mo Kio Central, next to the S11/Jubilee mall.

I will not buy in PC Show. If got energy to squeeze I will go and try out those mentioned by bros here :)

this is pretty common. it's been happening almost every "what DSLR to get" type of threads.

oh well. i'd suggest not going to the PC show. you're only gonna get tons of useless freebies. so you might wanna check out MS color for anything you intend to get. it's at Ang Mo Kio Central, next to the S11/Jubilee mall.

I will not buy in PC Show. If got energy to squeeze I will go and try out those mentioned by bros here :)

you can always do the same at the shops :bsmilie: and they usually have better prices

and you DON'T HAVE TO SQUEEZE! hahaha. that's the best part.

Hehe...true. PC Show got other poisonous things for the BBB virus to attack me too :D

you can always do the same at the shops :bsmilie: and they usually have better prices

and you DON'T HAVE TO SQUEEZE! hahaha. that's the best part.

Hehe...true. PC Show got other poisonous things for the BBB virus to attack me too :D

the BBB virus has never gotten to me. i always buy what i intend to... nothing else :bsmilie:

please take care of your wallet. it'll be whining soon :D

Shahmatt said:
You have quoted out of context and have thus mislead everyone else here. I would advise you to stop now.

It is not out of context. You said you recommend nx system NO WHERE in this thread. He just proved you wrong. LOL pwned.

Anyway, cool it on the Mirrorless fanboyism. You can just wait and ten years later laugh at everyone here and you can say "I told you so!!". Or Not. ;p

Last edited:

The mirror-less cameras are certainly a viable option for someone looking for a bigger image sensor than your regular PnS/Superzoom.
They promise similar performance levels as entry-to-enthusiast DSLRs in a smaller physical package.

However, what has got a number of people ticked off is the suggestion that this will be the next phase in the evolution of digital cameras, making DSLRs outdated. And all these sweeping statements were made without concrete evidence to back it up. On the contrary, I observe that DSLR sales far outstrip those of mirrorless cameras, so I could make an entirely different conclusion that mirrorless cameras will go the way of the dinosaur. Similarly without any evidence except observation.

What good can come out of dismissing an entire class of camera? Nothing, except stirring emotions.

I would like to think that the digital camera market will grow to such a size that the various classes of camera can each find their own foothold.

the BBB virus has never gotten to me. i always buy what i intend to... nothing else :bsmilie:

please take care of your wallet. it'll be whining soon :D

yeah but the BBB virus has a way of making you intend to buy something you never intended to in the first place! :)

That is when you fall to the dark side...slowly...

dark-side-cookie.jpg
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.